AN INTERESTING LETTER

by Terry 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Was an interesting letter...I too have a detached fondness for Russell...if you've ever meet any present day Bible Students, as Terry has, you would find a meek and mild group of folks, least been my experience, not the callous, dogmatic, stiff necked jw, yet both descended from CTR...aint life strange?

The International Bible Student movement is composed of the humblest and most faithful people. They don't change one jot or tiddle of C.T. Russell's writing.

They are like the elephant in the Dr. Seuss story; "I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one hundred per cent."

I find Russell's writing quite moving. What the man turned into as time went by and his predictions and explications were proved (time and again) false is another matter.

He became intellectually dishonest. That was the real test of his character and humility. Furthermore, the way he treated his wife, Maria, was unconscionable.

Had his last will & testament been followed there would never have been a religion on earth called Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit