HELP-DISFELLOWSHIPPING

by anglise 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

If you go to the society's official media page and read the paragraph on DF'ing it may help you.

: http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

the part about shunning is the fourth item or so down. Keep in mind though, that the statements they make are total bunk. Disfellowshipping does, in most cases, sever family ties. that is what it was designed to do.

I've been df'd for three years, and I speak from experience. DF'd people are treated as non existant. Even in times of dire family crisis, by hardnosed JW's.

When my father was in intensive care in extremely critical condition recently, a once very close, dear cousin of mine and her husband came to see him. I had been sitting by his bedside keeping vigil all night long.

The walked past me as if I wasn't even there.

I have a lot of personal stories about shunning that used to be on the web, I still have the text of most of them. If you care to elaborate on the 'family situation' I may have, or know of, more specific info to help you.

mail me if you wish.

all the best
    Esmeralda

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dungbeetle,

Also please notice the types of individuals NOT to be called upong. Who decides what is critical or belligerent or apostat? THE ELDERS.

Actually Dungbeetle, the elders only have the authority to apply dictates from the elders handbook. They have very, very little freedom to act outside of this framework. They are really puppets who are set up as visible targets by the WTS.

Many elders make decisions that they vehemently disagree with at heart, but the decisions are generally made for them by direction of the WTS. They then become the soft target which suits the WTS fine.

A perfect arrangment for the WTS. They tell the elders what to do. Trouble ensues. The elders are blamed. The WTS stand at a distance.

HS

• anglise
    anglise

Thankyou everyone who has replied.
    There is lots here that is very helpful and adds to the information that we already have.
    How dare the org try and make people believe that they have the monopoly on kindness when so many have readily helped me even though they dont know me.

Thankyou all.
    I will be printing this out and compiling it for use in the court case.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

I know that I DA'd myself a year and half ago and my own mother has been told by the elders that she is to have NO contact with me whatsoever. Even minimal non-spiritual association has been ruled out.
    Don't have any quotes for ya as of yet though, on the WTS's current stand on such matters. The elders in my congregation kinda did their own thing, no matter what the Society said.

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

• Englishman
    Englishman

shun former members?

Those who simply cease to be involved in the faith are not shunned. In compliance with the Scriptures, however, members can be expelled for serious unchristian conduct, such as stealing, drunkenness, or adultery, if they do not repent and cease such actions. Disfellowshipping does not sever family ties. Disfellowshipped members may continue to attend religious services, and if they wish, they may receive pastoral visits. They are always welcome to return to the faith.—1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

Nope, I'm not doing any of those things.

Do I get my Dad back now?

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Stealth
    Stealth

I am shunned and I am not DF or DA. I only stopped going to the meetings and now I am treated as though I have the plague.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

SHUN LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW.

"I pray that I may never see the desert again-hear me God."-Robert Bolt

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    Do I get my Dad back now?

Awww. English Reading that made me feel so sad.

I can't offer you an alternate father but an extra daughter is available, any time.

*hugs* and love
    es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit