Let Kids see Dub Grandparents or?

by brunnhilde 31 Replies latest social relationships

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Do not let them have him ANYWHERE that you cant control! The kingdom hall is not the problem or the threat THEY are. The first time they tell that baby that mommy is going to be killed by God and birds are going to EAT her because she doesnt go to the Kingdom Hall...He is NEVER EVER going to forget that. So dont dont dont let them have that child.

They have already proven they cant be trusted not to try to inculcate the kid and are viewing him as a "fatherless child" needing their spiritual guidance because mommy isnt hacking it.

It only needs to happen once that you trust them and they screw this little ones head up. DONT DO IT.

• bluebell
    bluebell

It's a tough call, kids can have a real special bond w/ their grandparents, & it's nice to let them hav it. But if the bond may be destructive then u hav to think it over. U kno what yr kid can understand and what they can't and how much they can cope or otherwise be confused. But if yr parents arent respecting yr boundaries, i think uv got just cause to keep supervision up.

• KW13
    KW13

Its not fair they don't respect your wishes as your son is YOUR SON and your responsibility till he is old enough to make his own informed decision.

Tell them to back off.

• Gill
    Gill

Never leave the children unsupervised with ANY JW relative....ever!

My parents have the children round to dinner some times, but only if I am with them as I cannot leave them with dangerous cult members.

So it is simple really.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

1. Don't leave the grandparents alone with your children.

2. Debug your children from the "Truth" and show them that it's a lie....especially as he gets older. For now, say things like ..."Not everyone thinks like Grandma.....I think different... this is what I think and why."

• Scully
    Scully

My rule of thumb is that if the grandparents are not willing to visit with the children under your supervision, then they cannot visit with them unsupervised.

If they are going to shun me, they do not get access to my children.

If they are going to interfere with my parenting by introducing cult propaganda to my children, they do not get access to my children.

If they are unwilling to comply with the simple request to not discuss their religious beliefs with my children, they do not get access to my children.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

What really pisses me off about it is that they LIE! Like the time my mom told my six-year-old that he needed to tell mom to get to meetings or we wouldn't get to be in the New System and then claimed she'd only told him we needed to get to the meeting, but not the second part. Come on, like he's going to just add that on his own??? Then she claimed that because I'd told her they could be themselves around him that I'd given her permission to do that! I said, you are teaching my child to disrespect me. If you can't comply with what I've requested, then I'll have to limit your contact with him. I appreciate everyone's comments and I think you're all right. I think I knew it even before I posted the question. The real pain in the ass is that they claim to be too feeble to come and see him and always want me to bring him over there, which means I'm on their turf surrounded by the piles of dog**** masquerading as Borg literature. Then again, lol, I don't really want them in my house either! Picky picky! Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and put in the time over there. Thanks for everyone's thoughts - it's helped me clarify how to handle this.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The real pain in the ass is that they claim to be too feeble to come and see him and always want me to bring him over there, which means I'm on their turf surrounded by the piles of dog**** masquerading as Borg literature.

Well shoe washing is just today....BRAIN washing is a lot harder to undo. Next they will be claiming if your child picks up some of the "dogshit" that he "was interested in it and asked them to read it to him." They lied before....they will lie again in the name of the Troof.

There were two people who used to be closer than our relatives to my kids and we named our first two after them because we loved and respected them so much. But after I DAd and they started badmouthing me...I said very clearly to them, if you EVER want to see my children again, not only will you NOT badmouth their mother TO their mother but to THEM or ANYBODY THEY KNOW. And if there is anything unclear about this request and I hear that you CONTINUED to slander their mother, I will cut you off like a gangrenous toe. And if you think my JW husband will be able to override my decision in this..TRY ME.

They stopped. But dont think for a nannosecond I dont continue to watch them even 8 years later!

Loves

• blondie
    blondie

The solution seems to be not to let any JW grandparents, etc., have unsupervised contact with your children. The WTS is an abusive organization and trains people to invade people's boundaries.

Blondie

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

I'm going through this myself. My in-laws are JWs and I've started going along to the visits. It is very uncomfortable for me, but I need to be aware of what they are saying around the kids so that I can talk to them later about what they heard. They were cold but nice to me this past weekend and they didn't bring religion up around the girls. I want them to have a relationship w/them but I also don't want them using techniques to draw a wedge between us.

Definitely stay with the kids when you get together. Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit