Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses website - banner, discontinued?

by needproof 26 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

So I clicked one of the banners at the top of the page to the beyond JW's website on AOL,

it said : For philosophical reasons, I have discontinued this web site.

I recommend no religion.

I find Buddhism interesting.

http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/

• What-A-Coincidence
  • jeanV
    jeanV

too bad, it was a great website. one of the first I ever looked at. plenty of info, to the point and with lots of links.

• bluebell
    bluebell

yes i saw that too, never visited the site before so dont know what it used to be like

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The nice thing is that Tim didn't remove the webpages. He simply edited the front page.

You can find the index at

http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/bj.htm

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hilarious! Shame though - it was indeed one of the better (less rabbid) websites.

Slim

• Vinny
    Vinny

If you do a google search on Jehovah's Witnesses, his site is on page two. That's pretty good.

His site was one of the first I viewed as well. Very delicately written. Something I find very important when dealing with those still inside looking out.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I really like this site. When i first googled jws on internet the first one was a not very friendly chat forum which put me off for a bit and made me think the jws were right about apostates, then i tried again and found the Beyond one, and it restored my faith in apostates!lol i think i found this site via that website by clicking on a link it had to this one.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Tim was a very talented writer. I often wondered if he wrote professionally. I don't really know much about him. I too found that statement about discontinuing the website and was upset as I had not saved it. I was glad to find the contents on the next webpage.

I think his site being so close to the society's website is very beneficial. And his writing style is so non-confrontational that it did not scare me away or turn me off. It was through his site that I found different discussion boards and I visited a few before landing on this site.

I have to say that on this site I find more intellegent and informed individuals than I have in one place for a long time. I can't keep up with all the important topics and the wealth of experience here is impressive. So nice to find a real conversation and not just canned speech.

I guess I am getting off topic, though, but I thank Tim for his site and leading me to this one. And Simon too, of course.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Tim got tired of maintaining a discussion board and was past the ex-JW thing. That was the first board I posted on over 5 years ago now.

I say good for him and I hope he's doing well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit