How Conspiracy Theories Work

by XJW4EVR 27 Replies latest social current

• badwillie
    badwillie

XJW -

I must rely on the expert's opinion

Indeed, I wonder when your research forming the basis of this very thread was pulled directly from an amateurish website called "How Stuff Works"

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

XJW -

I must rely on the expert's opinion

Indeed, I wonder when your research forming the basis of this very thread was pulled directly from an amateurish website called "How Stuff Works"

I used that article, beacause it is quick and to the point, unlike a conspiracy theory which requires reams of paper to recount.

I don't understand, though how you missed this with your keen eye for details:

In short, the one thing I am looking for is the smoking gun, the memo, the unimpeachable source that confirms, beyond a reasonable doubt, that these dastardly events took place with the knowledge and blessing of the U.S. government.

No, instead you wish to engage in the same type of ad hominem attack that you have decried on this and other threads. Why? I think because it is you that suffers from the cognitive dissonance. You are so entrenched in your conspiratorial mind set that for you to move from it is to uncomfortable for you to bear. Therefore you resort to namecalling and guilt by association among many other logical fallacies. Your cognitive dissonance may be based on confirmation bias. You seem to have a distrust for the "official line," which you are entitled to, but not immune for challenging.

Perhaps you think that a significant event must have a significant cause? I have seen far to many examples where a significant event, like the Kansas City Hyatt disaster in the mid-80s, which was the largest loss of life at that time, was caused by something as simple as using the incorrect fastener on the cables that held the walkways in place. Or the Aloha Airlines disaster, in which the failure of an epoxy to seal two pieces of the jet's aluminum skin together, caused the skin to rip away, and one person to loss her life. I can go on and on, but in so many cases that I have researched, it was something simple, coupled with something unforeseen that caused a disater. The same can be said for the issues at Grond Zero.

I am also of the opinion that due to the shear noise of information that we now have available to us, that many times we fail to distinguish between good information and bad. Then again comes the question of what is good or bad information? Well, with everything, I must look at the author's work critically, and make my conclusions based on that critical look. Once the data or evidence has been decided upon what then? How do we interpret the evidence? I tested the conspiracies in three ways:

1. Ocam's razor: Are the conspiracies more or less probable than the "official" story?

2. Methodology: Are the arguements sound? Is there any confirming or exculpatory evidence about the theory?

3. Whistleblowers: How many, and what kind of people are needed to be conspirators.

I realize that all of these tests posses weaknesses, but put together they led to believe that the conspiracy theories are false.

Now comes the questions for you. Can you show me flaws in my methodology that would lead me to a conclusion that is closer to yours? Can you do this without resorting to personal attacks, or logical fallacies? Lastly, you must prove this beyond a reasonable doubt.

I look forward to your reply.

• badwillie
    badwillie
    I used that article, beacause it is quick and to the point

Soundbites and fluffy internet articles - these may be soothing for some. Those who are prepared to come out of the cocoon of their comfort zone will seek much greater detail.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

The globalist enjoy u calling all these events "conspiracies." Take off the filters people like when you took of the JW glasses off. The truth is that America has been hijacked!

My mind was shut to the truth too. I would not accept that our gov. was behind it. Yeah, it's hard to accept, just like when a lot of us (edit: found it hard to) accept the fact that the WTBTS (edit: was) a cult. It takes time.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

My mind was shut to the truth too. I would not accept that our gov. was behind it. Yeah, it's hard to accept, just like when a lot of us accept the fact that the WTBTS is a cult. It takes time.

So now instead of the 1/10th of 1% of the worlds population who has all the answers, you are in the 1/10th of 1/10th of 1/10th of 1/10th of 1% of the worlds population that absolutely, positively has all the answers. Oh yes....I can definately see what train you are on.

• under_believer
    under_believer

"Soundbites and fluffy internet articles - these may be soothing for some. Those who are prepared to come out of the cocoon of their comfort zone will seek much greater detail."

LOL, this from the guy who started this topic that opened with a "fluffy internet article".

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Yes. However, it is important to make a distinction here.

All revealed conspiracies begin as a theory.

Just because a conspiracy theory is a theory doesn't make them all unsupported by the evidence.

Plus, there's a lot of money to be made publishing these conspiracy theories. Just another side of Capitalism.

BA- Thinks some Conspiracy Theories may have merit.

PS- Just because it's a conspiracy theory doesn't make it untrue. Due diligence in understanding the facts and assertions is called for.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also don't believe that there was a conspiracy regarding September 11th, but in the case of Kennedy's assassination it is as clear as daylight that he was killed by agents of the CIA and the FBI and the whole thing was covered up by Hoover and Johnson. Anyone that studied the subject in some depth will quickly realise that.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    When I wanted to debunk the WT$ doctrine, I began to research who were the top Biblical scholars regardless of their position, liberal or conservative,

Jehovah's Witnesses Millerite/Adventist sect spin-off

American Civil war army captain William Miller is ground zero for Jehovah's Witnesses.

There is nothing that made me gasp in horror of all WT/JW falsehoods more then this finding that it all came from the Millerite movement.

Yes,the "great disappointment"of Oct 22 1844 has never died out... it lives on in the Seventh day Adventist (who admit it) and the Jehovah's Witnesses who deny it.

Must see video clip: www(dot) dannyhaszard.com/cultv ideos.htm please go to this link and scroll down for the History Channel clip

The Millerites: Armageddon (History Channel) 4 min clip
    This is the highly credible HISTORY CHANNEL (Roger Mudd) not the "apostates" exposing Jehovah's Witnesses as a spin-off of the William Miller movement of 1844

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    I used that article, beacause it is quick and to the point

Soundbites and fluffy internet articles - these may be soothing for some. Those who are prepared to come out of the cocoon of their comfort zone will seek much greater detail.

Why stop there? Why not deal the rest of the post? Let me venture that the rest of the point hits you in a manner that you are uncomfortable with? Again the point of the article was brevity. People, now days, can get further information should they wish.

However, that is not the issue, the issue is that you have been challenged on your view. Now it's time to put up or shut up. [Edited to add] Somehow I think you will accomplish neither.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit