Wanted to share this sunset with you all, took photos

by needproof 28 Replies latest jw friends

• deeskis
    deeskis

lovely pics.

reminds me of a saying we used when kids............red sky at night, shepherds delight. Red sky in the morning, shepherds warning. It seemed to work as a weather forecast when I was young, but it doesn't work in Australia!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Those are breath-taking!!!

Swalker

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

WOW >>>>>

• bernadette
    bernadette

breathtaking pics - thanks

• needproof
    needproof

Thanks for looking everyone! I wanted to share, it was a rare moment when the camera caught everything really. A lot of my memories are up here, (in my head), but hurrah for cameras.

I have also heard it said 'Red sky in the morning, global warming' - more old wives tales!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Great colours in the horizon, they say it's dust particles in the atmosphere that do it by scattering the other colours of sunlight (remember sunlight though appearing white is in fact made up of the seven colours that show up in the rainbow) leaving only the yellow and red. Phenomena that increase dust in the atmosphere such as volanic eruptions and big forest fires often induce beautiful sunsets. In 1883 Krakatoa gave superb sunsets and sunrises all around the world.

• needproof
    needproof

Good knowledge Greendawn, you cant beat a good sunset. No volcano's around here though; but they are also something that I would just love to see, the inside of an active volcano - scary or what!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Certainly not advisable to be near one given the heat and the toxic gases that come out of it. In the 1960's a Japanese ship that went to examine an underwater volcanic eruption disappeared without a trace for ever, apparently they went too near. The Krakatoa explosion also caused the moon to appear blue for a couple of years.

• needproof
    needproof

wow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit