Has anyone ever been "outed" due to posting on JWD?

by nvrgnbk 34 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks Blue,

OMG! I never knew that was Jourles. Thanks Jourles. I used to read Quotes before I ever found JWD. I loved it because there was no commentary, it was just, well, you know..................quotes. My morbid fear of looking at anything "apostate" did not kick in while looking at quotes from our own literature. I guess many felt the same way and that's why the Society hated it so much.

I know it's probably gonna hit the fan pretty soon in my own case. But as has been said by others, I'll probably feel some relief.

Nvr

• jgnat
    jgnat

A minor point of correction. Jourles is not the same poster who ran the Quotes site. Jourles posted all the Body of Elders letters on his site, Dirtclod. Both Jourles and the Quotes posters were found out through their website registrations, when the WTBTS complained through the service providers about copyright infringement (complained, but never proven).

Jourles, a faded witness and married to an active JW, was approached directly by the elders. He shut down the site and went underground for a year.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/92537/1.ashx

Quotes could not afford a protracted legal battle with the WTBTS, so he shut down his site. He had long exited from the society, however, so technically he was not 'outed'.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/104279/1.ashx

Richie, he did everything save swinging from the Empire State building to get outed. I mean, his avatar is HIMSELF, in his MEETING SUIT, giving the organization the FINGER. Richie's outing: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/111671/1.ashx

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for the clarifications jgnat.

Nvr

• ImFreeNow
    ImFreeNow

Great info by all!!! Does the borg use tracking software or other methods to try to find you? I have lurked for years and you guys one and all helped me out....inactive lets just say for a few years, no DA or DF. I have much to share but because of high profile in a multi state area am still very concerned. I posted on thread 3801 and would like to help more. They are staying completly away from me even the Co's & Do's because of what I know about many and the "out of sight out of mind" take. They tried initially to contact me but I shut the door on them! A few who I had contact with after I stopped said they didn't want to open up a hornets nest. But we all know if push comes to shove and enough info is released they would want to "finalize my existance" in there eyes if they could get to me!

ImFreeNow

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

nvr

This site is safe in that as long as you do not reveal personal information about yourself (like saying "My name is Christopher Scott and my publisher cards are in the Allen, Texas congregation ) you're okay. No one will hack into this site and track you down.

The Society doesn't care about the Great Unwashed. Now if you were a DO or a CO, yeah that might get their attention. I've been on this board since early 2002 and my experience online is cavet emptor (let the buyer beware). In other words, if being outed is a concern then exericise caution and you'll be just fine. You can fly under the radar here without too much trouble.

Chris

• Mary
    Mary
    How did they catch up with Richie Rich?

I'm guessing it's cause he had down where he lived and had his pictures plastered on JWD. But dat's just a guess.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think he even posted the elder's names, too and the location of his hall. (Thus jg's 'swinging from the Empire State Building' comment.)

-Aude.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks all,

Big Tex, Your words are especially reassuring.

Really appreciating the JWD community,

Nvr

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

More importantly, would I do it again?

HELL YES.

They caught me cause I wanted them too. Go pee on a police officer, and he'll arrest you. Don't give em too much credit.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Well speak of the devil. Hello Richie Rich. I'm glad you saw the light before your life got derailed.

Thanks,

Nvr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit