Brad Delp of "Boston" dies at 55.

by BrentR 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• BrentR
    BrentR

Lead singer Brad Delp died today of unknown causes. Boston was one of my all time favorite hard rock groups. They were in the process of recording thier next album. I had the pleasure of seeing them in concert twice and they always put on an ass kicking show. Back in 1976 when I was twelve years old I remember having to mow three lawns to buy thier first album "More then a feeling".

http://www.bostonist.com/archives/2007/03/09/boston_frontman_brad_delp_19512007.php

Rest in peace Brad.

alt

• Twitch
    Twitch

Wow

I played the first album to shreds back in the day.

RIP Brad

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Such a young man! I played the Boston: Boston album over and over and always admired the way he carried his voice; I could barely carry a tune, much less belt it out like he did.

It seems like yesterday. I can't believe it's been so long ago that I played and sang to that album over and over and over.

Whenever I hear any of those songs on the radio, I sing my heart out. I'm off to download some stuff now. Bummer for Brad Delp and his family, friends, and fans!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Man, this sucks. I own Boston's first three albums and love them, especially the first one. There isn't a bad song on that album.

I'd rather hear the singer from Nickelback dying than Brad Delp. He had one hell of a voice.

• DJK
    DJK

Brad was a great guy. He and his family were close friends with my ex-wifes family. I met Brad at his fathers funeral about 12 years ago. Spent the afternoon with him and his family at his home for a barbeque after the funeral. I got the news Friday night and called my ex, she is very distraught. I didn't know in the past nine years he had been separated from his wife. She too was a wonderful person.

He will be missed. Tickets were sold out for a show he did at my high school in Danvers a few months ago. I wish I saw it. He had a new group called Beatlejuice doing a lot of Beatle songs, it was great I heard. Brad was well know to all of us who went to Danvers High School. He still lives on with the music he left behind.

• onesong
    onesong

I've been a Boston / Delp fan for many years. Saw him just last year in Beetlejuice, amazing singer and great entertainer.

An ex-JW that I knew years ago actually studied with him for a short time when he lived in Londonderry, NH. (studied= as in with JW's) Guess he didn't fall for it, good for him and the rest of us as his fans.

Rest In Peace Brad

• done4good
    done4good
    I played the first album to shreds back in the day.

Ditto. Too young to die.

j

• DJK
    DJK

More news about Brad Delp. He commited suicide. You never know what some people are thinking.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1431441620070314

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

So sad, I remember the Boston sound in the 70s. Their debut album and sound was groundbreaking at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DuasrGanNM

LRG

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Sad. I'm not ashamed to admit that "More Than A Feeling" is among my favorite songs. That was a vocal performance for the ages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit