Such a simple question

by 5thGeneration 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

wow.

• Cass
    Cass

If a parent always steps in to save the kid the building blocks are not layed down and they will always need rescued from their bad choices. Pain & hurt are usually the fastest teachers in life (self preservation).

• Cass
    Cass

Sorry about that above

" If a parent always steps in to save the kid the building blocks are not layed down and they will always need rescued from their bad choices. Pain & hurt are usually the fastest teachers in life (self preservation)."

I agree with that to a certain degree,

but if my children were being raped, murdered, tortured, living in poverty, starving to death ... I don't think I would let that happen if i could stop it.

Especially if it was through no fault of their own (as individuals)

Cass

• parakeet
    parakeet

5thGeneration wrote: "An elder friend just asked me the most simple question. 'If you had all the power, would you still let the world be like this?'"

His question was a little trap to get you to agree with his belief that an imperfect world is just crying out for a divine problem-solver. Typical JW mindset -- an absolute inability to accept the world as it is rather than how he thinks it should be. Just because dubs can't stand the world the way it is doesn't mean everything's going to be solved by god.

Attempting to solve the real world's problems is infinitely more difficult than the typical JW response of sitting back and "waiting" for someone else (human or divine) to solve them. They are moral cowards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit