My funny Memorial story...

by nsrn 8 Replies latest jw friends

• nsrn
    nsrn

I think I told this story last year on here, but it's worth repeating for a good laugh.

My last memorial I attended was with my daughter, who was about 5. I took her and went to please my parents, of course. My daughter went to church with me regularly and so I had done the intense 'instructions' enroute about not partaking, etc. I got more and more tense as we arrived and got out of the car. I mumbled to my daughter/myself on the death march in "I feel like a whore in church!"

Well, you guessed it. We weren't there 2 minutes when my daughter's voice piped up with, "Grandma, why does Mommy feel like a whore in church?"

Silence echoed. Mom mumbled something about 'she probably does feel a little uncomfortable here....' and never mentioned it to me again.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Out of the mouths of babes! So will you be going to the memorial this year? Or have they barred the doors!

• free2think
    free2think

ROFLMAO. That's classic. Thanks for sharing that nsm.

• Rooster
    Rooster

That is funny.

altalt

• rebel8
    rebel8

lol

And anyways, it's about time we started a Funny Things You Wished You Had the Guts to do at This Year's Memorial thread.

(1) Sit in the middle of the kh. Just before the elder begins to have the emblems passed, open your oversized purse and remove YOUR emblems: Ritz crackers and Kool Aid.

Cross your ankles as daintily as possible. Gently spread a large cloth napkin on your lap. Take a Ritz cracker out and spread it with peanut butter. Pour your Kool Aid into a teacup.

Wait until the elder says the prayer. As he does, bow your head and say "Amen" loudly afterwards.

Then begin partaking of your feast. Sip your teacup, being sure to put your pinkie in the air. Say "MMMM, JESUS! That was good!"

You're next....waiting for idea number (2)....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

go to costume store, get religious costume, wear it to KH. Genuflect toward stage, sit in front row, partake of emblems, muttering a hail mary afterwards. Shake hands on your way out, saying "god bless you, see you next year." I wonder if they would react at all, or maybe figure out you are joking and call the cops, or think you are demented and sit on the other side of the hall.

• rebel8
    rebel8

LOLOLOLOL, priceless!

• free2think
    free2think

ROFLMAO!

• rowan
    rowan

jiji that's funny. last time I went to the memorial I felt I was surrounded by pirhanias

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit