Did Jesus die in behalf of Satan?

by Aaac 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aaac
    Aaac

Did Jesus die also in behalf of his brother Satan and all the fallen angels? Someone said, this has been a JW teaching a long ago.

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

No. And Jesus and Satan are NOT "brothers". The Bible says that once the angels fell from grace, there was no turning back; there was no forgiveness for them. And as far as I know, the WTS never taught that.

justahuman - but super nonetheless

• blondie
    blondie
    Let us mark well the course that will ultimately lead to Satan’s destruction

OV303 (Overland Monthly) Satan the Murderer—Murderer to Die

http://www.ctrussell.us/

The course of selfishness and self-seeking is illustrated in Satan, who has failed and is ultimately to be destroyed.

2/1/16 WT

This is easy of demonstration; for was not Satan one of the holy angels before he by pride and ambition sinned? And did he not thus become one of the wicked (willingly, intentionally opposing God) of whom it is written, "All the wicked will God destroy"--"who shall be punished with everlasting destruction"? (Psa. 145:20; 2 Thess. 1:9) Note the explicit declaration respecting Satan's destruction, applicable in principle to all who follow his evil way and reject divine arrangements knowingly, intentionally. Heb. 2:14

Studies in the Scriptures--Atonement--Volume 5

I would search through CTR's writings using the website above.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jesus associated with Satan, no problem. They went mountain climbing together and even went camping in the desert together. They did business as J&S Tours.

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

I have some family that are "Mormon Wannabes." They tell me that this idea of Satan and Jesus being brothers is a Mormon belief. (Perhaps someone can confirm this?) I don't remember anything either way about Jesus dying for Satan's sins, though.

IsaacJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit