My sons went back, one because he believes, one because he's using the org

by rose petal 14 Replies latest social family

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What I want to know - how to break the cycle! That's the million dollar question.

PS I grow the biggest and best roses in Queensland, Australia. That's why I picked the name Rose Petal!

I'll have to get a picture up and running and show you!

Ahhh. That explains the "rose petal" thingie. I'd love to see them, RP.

As for breaking the cycle, it's something the abuser has to want to do himself/herself. And it requires psych therapy.

Frannie

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think half the battle is won when you can get those in the cycle to see it for themselves. Once they identify the pattern they can then decide if they want to continue it. It gives them agency to change things.

I wish you all the best with your youngest and not to give up hope on your eldest. The borg keeps its kids very naive, close minded and immature - I still feel like I am about 10 years behind my peers in just normal common sense!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum, once more we can see how the JWs divide families, your two sons under their influence are keeping their distance because you criticised the WTS. Not a very spiritual approach to the world.

• bluebell
    bluebell

Welcome

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have high hopes for your "quiet one". Keep loving him, even if it is from a distance. Any books by Steve Hassan are helpful. Some general books on breaking abusive cycles might help you as well. I suspect you might have to help a daughter-in-law from the other one at some point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit