What do you do when the jw's call?

by sosad 12 Replies latest social family

• greendawn
    greendawn

Treat them politely and have some debates with them. They expect most people to be totally ignorant about religious matters and easy prey to convert if they show interest. However if they come up against someone that is well informed and can overturn their doctrines they will not come back.

• Confession
    Confession

I've not yet received a call from JWs in the field, but I am ready for them. Here's what I have printed out and pinned to my bulletin board--ready to grab:

Thank you for coming by. I'm in the third generation of a four-generation Jehovah's Witness family. There have been--and still are--lots of pioneers, special pioneers and elders in my family, including two who profess to be of the anointed. I myself served as an elder and was a zealous and cheerful Jehovah's Witness--until I discovered that the Watchtower Society is not what it claims to be.

There are literally thousands of former publishers, pioneers, elders, Circuit Overseers, District Overseers and Bethelites who are pouring out of the organization every year--because they decided to look at ALL of the information. Yes, even the information the Society threatens you to run from.

I don't want to try and ruin your religion for you. But if you ever want to discuss these things, or have questions, feel free to come see me privately.

I really don't like the idea of reading from this thing. I suppose I'll commit it to memory and just do my best to convey this when any of them stop by.

• Purza
    Purza

A few weeks ago we were walking up the street and I saw a van of JWs. When we turned the corner to my street they had parked and were at my door. When I walked up, they said "oh, we are finding you home" and I said "oh, were we a not-at-home?" and the guy looked shocked. I told them to get out of here that I wasn't interested.

I wondered if they knew I was a former JW (before they came). After my comment I am sure they suspected something. But it was weird that they stopped and just visited my house. I faded five years ago and moved about 60 miles from my last KH. I can never say anything that remotely resembles intelligence because I get all worked up and angry inside. So I just tell them to beat it.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit