Australian animals and the flood

by nvrgnbk 42 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

mia-b,

Thanks for the link. Mario's one sharp dude. I can't believe(well,actually I can) the response from the big WT. I think I'm gonna vomit.

Embarrassed to have ever believed this crap and worse yet to have expended time, energy, and money teaching it to others,

Nvr(ever)gnbk

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Why does everyone assume that the flood was Global? It was world wide not Global with the word world standing for that part of this planet where the humans in question resided. This is also the way it is used in: John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. And also Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (not the planet or entire Globe)

Joseph

• under_believer
    under_believer

JosephMalik:

Gen 7:19,20 NWT:
    19 And the waters overwhelmed the earth so greatly that all the tall mountains that were under the whole heavens came to be covered. 20 Up to fifteen cubits the waters overwhelmed them and the mountains became covered.

That is why everyone assumes that. Or why Biblical literalists do. And why people who make fun of Biblical literalists operate on that assumption.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

That was a tremendously well written letter Mario put together. The WTBTS reply was similar to the way the answered Carl Johansen(sp?) when he sincerely asked why they held to 607 rather than 587, as all the evidence proves the WTBTS wrong.

What a typically braindead response from the WTBTS.

Thanks for posting that!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Hello all,

So if I'm understanding this topic, there's a good posibility that a worldwide flood never occurred and the many life forms on earth have gradually evolved into what they are today? Am I understanding?

Little grasshopper,

Nvr

lol, ya for sure dude. :)

here's more info on flood geology and other related topics. the first in the list is a good one too.

http://talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-flood.html

peace,

tetra

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Tetra,

Thanks for the illumination. I gotta get out to B.C. one day to say hello. I hear it's beautiful.

New and Improved and now Cult-free,

Nvr

• moshe
    moshe

I asked the keepers of this website about those animals, too- http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/flood.asp- the anwser they sent me was basically "God can do anything". I was not impressed with their "technical answers", either. They appear to not understand how the scientific process, with "peer review" works.

• proplog2
    proplog2

God brought the animals to Noah. He could also disperse them to their ecological niches.

Immediately after the flood the Kangaroos and other crazy marsupials started running lickety-split for their home in Australia.

This process continues to this day and is known as Ararat Race.

• jeanV
    jeanV
    Thanks for the link. Mario's one sharp dude. I can't believe(well,actually I can) the response from the big WT.

I could not agree more.

On a separate note, I had a look around his website and found some major flaws in an article he posted on pharmaceuticals and expiry dates (the article in itself is terrible, credible only for the naive), which again proves to me that we can't be masters of everything and should probably just focus on the things we know rather than quoting whatever we find around without properly checking it, just because it suits our thinking. I'll write to him about it.

This quote he posted is superb (which incidentally confirms what I have just stated ):

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: You will find what you desire - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    How did the kangaroo, the koala bear, and the platypus get from Noah's ark to Australia? How did any animals get to Australia for that matter?I

More importantly, why did Icarus's wings melt when he flew too high? Shouldn't he have frozen?

The answer to both sets of questions of course is that these myths were written by people who had less knowledge of the world than we do today and should not be taken literally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit