Define your spiritual side

by JH 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

Although I don't go to meetings anymore, I'm inactive, never was disfellowshipped, I still have a "spiritual side to me", something that is deeply rooted in. On one side, I see errors the Watchtower makes, and on the other side I take what's good about them, and that's why I don't fit in with them. I don't meet their standards, nor do they meet mine. I'm not interested being trapped in another religion either because they aren't any better than the JW's.

Just like eating and drinking, and wanting to have fun is normal, I'm also interested in God and prophecies that relate to today and what it could mean for me in my lifetime. Maybe that's was why I joined the JW Organization. At first, they seemed to have the answers to just about everything, but time showed that they were wrong on many issues. Maybe additional time will prove otherwise?

Unlike zealous Witnesses, I don't lean only to one side. I try to make my life as balanced as possible, juggling with a certain amount of spirituality, and pleasures of life.

Often, this left me nowhere because both worlds don't mix too well.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

JH,

I find definitions of my spiritual side too confining. I would rather just accept it, cultivate it, and enjoy it than define it. Any definition I give right now will not apply later, in any case.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Satanus
    Satanus
    both worlds don't mix too well.

You need to try tantra sex. Not that i would know from experience.

S

• restrangled
    restrangled

Spirituality is what allows me to believe in something and feel connected to something much bigger and greater than myself.

Religion is what tries to tell me that what I feel, see and understand is untrue.

r's hubby

• greendawn
    greendawn

Having debates with evolutionists, interested in the history of the church from day one, occasionally attending religious services in mainstream churches, using the internet to search info on and understand the Bible.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Most believe that when you stop attending meeting, you are cast off as a sinner in the world. Drug user or fornicator.

I have not went to the KH in a while, but I pray to god constantly, 5 or 6 times daily. I read the bible daily. I study with my children and we pray everynight. Just because I am not a witness, does not mean I have left God. I have never fornicated or used drugs. I am not mechanical anymore, but I am closer to God.

I occassionally listen to Fred Price on the TV, his message is similar to the org., but he is christian. It is important to edify my soul with something spiritual.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

My spiritual side is young at heart, JH. And girls just wanna have fun!

Frannie

• Terry
    Terry

We often fall victim to romanticising our emotional connection to various concepts by muddling these concepts into a floating, detached ambiguity we call "spirituality". It is vague and emotionally accessible in a poetic way undefinable except by abstract reference.

Anything which does not possess identity does not exist. Only things which exist do.

Spirituality is, then, in the final analysis the part of our latent consciousness which is unconnected to fact, but, carries lingering strong emotional connection with states of mind loaded with imputed power to benefit us.

It is similar to the fantasy we masturbate to which could, under certain actual circumstances be a real situation, but which--really isn't.

All the referent after-images of reality are in place, yet, there is nobody and nothing other than imagination and desire powering our physical and emotional responses (which are very real and satisfying.)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Anything which does not possess identity does not exist. Only things which exist do.

A grandiose claim pontificated does not a truth make.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Spirituality is, then, in the final analysis the part of our latent consciousness which is unconnected to fact, but, carries lingering strong emotional connection with states of mind loaded with imputed power to benefit us.

In the abcense of believing in something outside of ourselves that is more powerful and meaningful, we essentially become the most powerful being in our universe and all thought and consciesness is reserved for the intense study of ourselves and that which will benefit us.

I need to reach outside other I will drive myself crazy. I'm just not that interesting.

r's hubby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit