by nvrgnbk 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Leolaia,

I tivo every show. Nice call.

Nvr

• rassillon
    rassillon

He was funny on SNL but I am not a big fan of his political views.

• Terry
    Terry

I loved Al Franken until he began that dreary (unfunny) ill-fated Political effort on the Sundance Channel. Jeeze Louise!

Bush is an idiot can only be said a few hundred ways before it becomes monotonous!

Franken should stay with his writing and take humorous potshots at the blowhards like RUSH LIMBAUGH.

Celebrities and especially comedians walk a fine line when they go strictly political.

Take Bill Maher for example.

I love Bill Maher. But, I recently saw him on a late night show (he was a guest) and his "Bush is an idiot" commentary just became embarassing!

Give it a rest.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I use to love his skits on SNL, but like Radisson, I don't care for his political views. As for the Maha Rushie, he rocks!!!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I love his book, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them. I should probably get more of his books.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

I remember Al Franken from about 25 years ago. BORING IS ALL I can say , funny as a rusty nail. maybe he got better. did i say boring? think i seen him in David Letterman a few years ago . and Dave had to carry him. i must have missed one of his good jokes in the last 20 years. maybe he's great at a comedy club were he curses. i was never inpressed. tho i stopped thinking anything good about him and his stupid partner since they were on saturday night live.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello Sir

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Al Franken was kinda funny in his SNL days,

Afterwards, not funny.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Hello Sir

What's up?

Have you read Rush Limbaugh Is a Big, Fat Idiot and Other Observations?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes Sir,

I've read the two you mentioned. I started his latest a while back and never finished it. I think some just don't get him. He's not meant to make you roll on the floor laughing.

Take care,

Nvr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit