Why were my parents against dating and having anything to do with girls?

by tsunami_rid3r 13 Replies latest social relationships

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It could be latent fears that you might knock up a chick and not be ready for it.

5go mentions the Victorian holdover, which is quite true. Russel, Rutherford, and Knorr didn't have healthy sexual relationships, so the effect trickles down....

• anewme
    anewme

I guess if I had a son I would want him to learn and fine tune his approach to women. I would want my son to be confident he knew what he was doing when he took a woman out to dinner and to a movie and when he talked with her and when he finally made love to her. I would want him to recognize when he met the one and only and how to win her heart.

I hear you boys when you complain about the strict laws among the JWs and wonder how the heck can a guy get through it all.

Maybe a young man needs a little freedom to learn all these things.

Now that I am free from such a strict religion I guess I would allow my boy some freedom so he could become a confident man.

Sorry about the earlier post about STDs. Jeesh.

Old Auntie Anewme

• 5go
    5go

It could be latent fears that you might knock up a chick and not be ready for it.

5go mentions the Victorian holdover, which is quite true. Russel, Rutherford, and Knorr didn't have healthy sexual relationships, so the effect trickles down....

Actually I can't so what with it. I guess the would feel gay if they did it with me.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    but I don't know if I can be romantic.

Don't worry about being romantic. That only belongs in serious long term relationships, and it's not even necessary to maintain a successful relationship. (I know I'm gonna get jumped on for that one, but unfortunately it's true).

but actually getting intimate with them is hard for me because I don't want to be accussed of harrassment or something silly.

If she's all for it, you shouldn't have to worry. It's rare (but yes it happens) that a woman who consents will run off to the police to report you for rape. Women enjoy sex just as much as men, so don't hold back!

I remember she viewed worldly girls as disgusting, as if they have STDs.

I got the same treatment. It takes time to turn that kind of conditioning around and know that women aren't as evil as your parents or the Watchtower says. Experience will teach you what it's REALLY like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit