Skip ahead to the New System

by free2beme 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

Free2beme what a great story. As I was reading it I thought of my ex-husband who has been a JW for 36 years. We lost child together. I am tempted to print up your story and send it to him. I wonder if he would read it. Its an outstanding story.

Balsam

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I rarely read long posts, but I enjoyed this one.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Thank you for sharing that. What a story! I always loved time travel stories. Very enjoyable reading.

• heathen
    heathen
    "THE GREAT TRIBULATION HAS ARRIVED, BEHOLD JEHOVAH'S DAY IS COMING NEXT."

I thought they already believed the tribulation was here but then took a hiatus ............ That was pretty interesting .

• free2beme
    free2beme

This one was a little long, I normally try to keep my short stories shorter, this one just needed a few more paragraphs to complete the idea I was looking for.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

free2beme,

amazing story1

had me hooked till the last word! cant wait to read more of your stories...

• Fine Example
    Fine Example

Great sci-fi story! As all great sci-fi scenarios, this one is so plausible! We have a little sci-fi movie appreciation group, and often watch post-apocalyptic movies. The lates was "Logan's Run" Everyone had a good laugh, but we laughed harder than anyone else! Attached is a link to About.com's list of the best sci fi: http://scifi.about.com/cs/toppicks/tp/tp-apocalyptic.htm "Top 10 Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Movies From Avram Piltch Feeling like your world is coming to an end? At least you're not getting run down like Mel Gibson in "The Road Warrior" or hunted by vampire zombies like Vincent Price in "The Last Man on Earth." See what life after armageddon looks like with our list of post-apocalyptic sci-fi movies!" These people have never been associated with JW's as far as I know, but they are "dead on" in their scary outcomes of "Thousands Now Living Will Never Die!" Still can't believe I went along with that nonsense for over 35 years!

• Gill
    Gill

free2beme - Brilliant and very moving. I think he found his wife and daughter in the end.....at least I hope so.

Every so often, when I get sick to death of trying to carefully help wake people up from the Watchtower nightmare, that they don't even realise they are living, I read something like this and it brings back the determination to fight for these poor trapped souls. After all, isn't that what we too once were?

I only wasted about 38 + years of my life and I think of those who have wasted a life time.....for a silly fantasy.

There are some things that are worth dying for, but one of them is not the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's Lies.

Thanks, Free2beme!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit