Competition Between the Ex-JW boards ?

by JW_Researcher 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Please excuse my ignorance regarding this.

I posted a solicitation for this little survey I'm doing here

http://kent.steinhaug.no/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4910

A poster named "queen beetle" got all excited because the title of the survey referenced JWD which she couldn't (evidently) bring herself to type out (using "XXX" instead).

I explained why I named it JWD but...I sensed some animosity (color me sensitive).

Do some folks have a problem with JWD? Obviously a poster here and there would but ....is it a bigger phenomenon? Is there a competition between the ex-JW boards?

• DJK
    DJK

This board to me is preferable because it is very active. I don't think it should be a competition to help people and that's why many of us are here. As long as the help is there is what's important.

• daystar
    daystar

There are people who've been kicked off JWD for various reasons. And some people, as we all know, can hold one hell of a grudge.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I've lurked on many of these boards for more than two years. The opinion of some seems to be that JWD is for the uptight and self-righteous. That has not been my observation. It was here that I felt comfortable posting for the very first time just two weeks ago. I've felt love, sincerity, maturity, positivity(if that's a word), and hope on this forum. Literally, this forum has saved lives. If that causes some to take it a bit seriously, so be it.

• winnie
    winnie

I find that this board is one of the easiest to navigate around. Admittedly, I have not much experience with many forums, but of the couple I have tried, this one is by far the easiest to post on and navigate.

It does need a search box though!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes my favorite board - tried the other - but this one is good. Moderators are good at not letting things get out of hand - and so keep it a friendly place. You can never keep everyone happy and as has already been commented on - some hold grudges.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    I've lurked on many of these boards for more than two years. The opinion of some seems to be that JWD is for the uptight and self-righteous.

Thank you for the feedback. I guess that is my shortcoming, I'm really not familiar with the other boards. I was just a bit surprised that there was sniping going on between members of the "same side." Not a large bit surprised but surprised.

I also agree regarding the search box. Google with "site:www.jehovahs-witness.com [search term here]" (without the quotes and with the brackets and their contents being replaced with the actual search term) works reasonably well.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Indeed this board is good because of the sheer bubbling activity that goes on I don't think there is any other ex JW board that has new posts coming in every minute or so, on average.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We have board members here,that have thier own JW board..Simon is good guy,so it`s not a problem..The only people that have problems,are the people that make problems..I can`t remember how many times BrownBoy has been tossed off..He just won`t behave..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• JH
    JH
    I was just a bit surprised that there was sniping going on between members of the "same side."

There isn't just 2 sides to this coin. It's multidimensional and conflicts abound.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit