Trouble in Paradise??

by Gill 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I was having a look at the accounts of three local congs as I had heard a bit about the bOrg beginning to run low on cash as donations are falling.

Locally, I was very surprised to see the cash flow problems of these congregations. I had a look at other areas and saw that there were a minority making a small 'profit', a lot breaking even when it comes to contributions and a fair amount that are losing the plot financially.

Congregation 1. Accounts for 2005/06 Income was short £19,000, Yes, their expenditure was that much over their income.

Congregation 2. Accounts for 2005/06 Income was short £11,000.

Congregation3. Accounts for 2005/06 Income was short £1,400.

Who makes up the shortfall when a congregation can't pay its mortgage to the society in the UK. Are the Trustees responsible? When the Congregation doesn't have a mortgage and is just paying bills etc who makes up the shortfall if there is not much left in the kitty?

• Gill
    Gill

You might like to try your own local congregations account in the UK on this site:

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/search.asp?position=1&oparea=K

• pallemar
    pallemar

how do i make a fiktive search?

• Gill
    Gill

Pallemar - Sorry Pallemar. I don't know what you mean. This search if for the United Kingdom only and on its central charity records.

• bernadette
    bernadette

Wonder what below threshold means - but apart from that finances lfor my x cong look very healthy.

• Gill
    Gill

If you type in the search box, 'Brighton congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses' you get an interesting selection of accounts.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    You might like to try your own local congregations account in the UK on this site:

This is fabulous, I didnt realise that individual congregations were individual charities!

Also too, could the deficit actually be because of payments to the WTBTS???

Gary

• vitty
    vitty

Nope wouldn´t work for me

• Gill
    Gill

Vitty - Retry how you put the congregation name in and also try to include the nearest city.

DB1974 - I don't know whether payments to the WTBTS would be included in the accounts. If they are not included then that would be a bit strange.....maybe.

• Gill
    Gill

Vitty - Also seems important that you include your apostrophe as in 'Blah de Blah Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit