Is it wise to wake someone sleepwalking into the Watchtower trap?

by Gill 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

State your position and if pressed for further explanation, say what you feel comfortable saying. It is not up to you to try to convince someone that the way they choose to live their life is wrong.

• Gill
    Gill

Garybuss - You're quite right, and so I will try to prevent the 'crash' in the first place.

Lumptard - I shall simply be sending them 'information'. Then it will be up to them what they choose to do with it. But I'm sure they will always remember the day the received the information and somewhere in their minds the seed of doubt will be planted. Can't do more and won't do less.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Gill, you're a good soul to be concerned for this family. You certainly don't owe them anything. I know it would weigh on my conscience if the kids were sucked in.

So, please, just do it for the children. You've got nothing to lose, their future is already threatened.

I wouldn't contact the 15-year-old directly, but mail apostate literature with websites to the parents, and let the chips fall where they may.

Best wishes in your "life saving" work!

~Sue

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Make a cake or a batch of cookies and give them a call. You'll be glad you did it, whether they follow your advice or not. Something simply like "We followed the JW teachings for ____years and we wish now that someone had visited us like this, so I hope you'll understand why I want to express my concerns to you." You're getting lots of good advice here, I wish you the best! Let us know how it goes.

AJ

• Gill
    Gill

Auntie Jane - Thanks for the advice. I will not personally visit them, but I will include some of what you say in the note that I slip in with the information I shall be sending them this week. I don't know if I will find out what happens. But...I'm hoping that my son might hear something from the young lad he is at school with, and also, perhaps my parents will let me know about this couple......perhaps no longer attending. We can but hope!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit