Going to write to my mom

by Mrs Smith 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I want to write to my mom to tell her of some of the things that led me to fade. I think if it's written in a kind and loving way she will read it and I may plant a few seeds of doubt in her mind. I don't want to bombard her with too much info, but give her enough food for thought. I was thinking along the line of the 1914 generation change. Showing her that the WBTS's new light is just an excuse to cover up false prophecies. Also that Jesus said he is the way, truth and light, you dont need an organization to be close to God. Can any one give me a few ideas and scriptures that I could put in the letter that may be helpful? I have spoken to her before so it will not come as a shock to her. I just want her to fully understand my choice.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Why? JW parents don't ever know how to have an open mind when their kid fades/walks away. They result to emotial blackmail, manipulation, threats, passive aggressive behaviour and crying jags. You're setting yourself up to get hurt.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Soledad I appriciate your reply, but need to add that when I spoke to my mom she said that no one was going to tell her wether she's allowd to speak to her child or not and the did not belong to the mafia and would never report me. She also said that she did not believe that only JW's have a chance of surviving armaggedon and that God looks at your heart condition. Pretty open minded for a JW. I don't believe in armaggedon but thought her views were a little different to the norm and that is why I feel I can plant a bit of doubt in her mind. I'm going to write the letter. Just need a bit of direction.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mrs Smith, my advice is to write the letter.....just don't actually send it to her. The reason is because she's open to you and you can read the letter to her over the phone with the same affect. Also, you never know who could get hold of the letter and do you real harm. Someone posted the other day about a "brother" doing some maintenance or repair work in their home. While the "brother" was supposed to be working, he also helped himself to some of their video cassettes, which he proceeded to view using their VCR and saw the "fader" smoking a cigar in a film taken during their vacation some time before that. The "brother" turned him in and he was df'd. Don't send the letter, because it might be scavenged by someone during a visit to your parents' home. JMHO.

Frannie

• DJK
    DJK

You didn't describe the relationship with your mom. If it's a good one leave it alone. If not, the letter won't help. If she wants to know why she will ask, be prepared to answer.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Thanks Frannie, very good idea! I knew you would give pearls of wisdom.

• jakes
    jakes

Mrs Smith

After my research into the WTS and subsequent discoveries,I decided to confront my wife with the evidence. Most of the time it ended in argument and her not wanting to here anything negative about the org.That was when I decided to write her a letter instead. In it I outlined the change to the baptismal questions,the UN scandal,1914 generation issue and touched on some personal experiences in the cong. I found by doing this I avoided arguments and it forced her to contemplate on what was written in the letter.

Glad to say that she is starting to see the real truth about the Watchtower now. The blinkers are slowly coming off.

Jakes

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Jakes

So happy to hear your wife is starting to seethe "light".

I tend to be on the emotional side and a conversation my become too heated with too may interuptions from my mom.. But I like Frannies idea of writting and reading the letter to her asking her not to reply or interupt till the whole letter is read. I will start writing it this week and will phone her soon. I'm not worried about been "found out" I have very little contact with my family as it is - they are always pleasant when we do chat - I have very little to do with my hubby's family and no friends in the borg. I feel emotionally ready for the next step, whatever that may be. I will not da myself and will not attend a jc, but they (the JW elders) must do what they must do, I really don't care. I don't play by their rules, they have NO hold on me. Just trying to get my mom out if I can. My dad will just follow her so I don't even have to try him. His only in cause my mom is. The one thing that may very well hold her back is the fact that her life revolves around the JWs having no outside friends or interests. Also the fact that I live far away from them and so does my sister (who is no longer a JW). So they would be very much alone if they do leave.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Good for you, do it!

- WIng Commander

• unique1
    unique1

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit