How can someone approve or disapprove if an anointed one?

by unbaptized 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I always hated the subject of "anointed" since it can never be proven if a person is or not. Everybody is supposed to take their word for it.

What is the point of proclaiming that you are "anointed" anyway? To have people be in awe of you? To compel people to serve you? This is a total turn-off to me. This lack of humility is certainly not christ-like as far as I am concerned.

LHG

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, being of the "anointed" was a non-issue before 1935, because all those who were part of the WTS congregations were anointed. It wasn't until 1935 that a 2-tiered group developed. Officially, the scriptural (Christian) requirements to be of the anointed and the other sheep are the same.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What is the point of proclaiming that you are "anointed" anyway? To have people be in awe of you? To compel people to serve you? This is a total turn-off to me. This lack of humility is certainly not christ-like as far as I am concerned.

LHG, being of the anointed in the WTS and not being on the GB makes the person come under extreme scrutiny by other cong members and is not a "picnic in the park." The GB set it up that way after Rutherford called for the two class system in the WTS that Blondie mentioned. This works well for the GB as it sets up anyone professing to be of the anointed (like the GB) as beneath the GB and their anointing automatically comes under suspicion. They're social pariahs in the congs and are ridiculed behind their backs for every little human thing they do and say. Oh, yeah, a few are in awe. Big wooo! I don't believe their partaking at the memorial services in front of everyone, which sets them apart in others' eyes, is a lack of humility at all. It's more of an act of bravery on their part. They know what they're "in for" as far as future treatment of them goes in the congs. They've already seen how the other anointed are being treated.

You see, the GB can't control who gets their anointing, which would in actuality put them on the same level as the GB. That anointing comes from the scriptures. So it works in the GB's favor that while the GB is very gracious towards those who make that profession in their mags and public talks, the GB can also by "word of mouth" make sure that no one else who professes is truly accepted as such by their fellow KH attendees. In this manner, the GB maintains complete control of the WTS members and any threat to their lofty position, which they consider the other anointed to be.

Frannie

• greendawn
    greendawn

Surely for God to anoint someone then they will need to have something to show for being given their special status. They need to have some credentials. I think the JWs deep down think the anointed are their version of the perfected and approved saints mentioned in the NT.

However, the GB intentionally do not expand on the issue because if they do it will very soon become apparent that they do not have the credentials to be in the saintly class since they do not manifest the right qualities. At the same time other "anointed" may possess these qualities something that will further undermine their status. In fact the GB have qualities that are the opposite of the expected ones. They lie and manipulate in a systematic way and above all treat their followers with demonic arrogance and cruelty. Anything but the qualities of the saints and clearly those of wolves in sheep's clothing.

So that's why they keep quiet on the issue leaving it in a kind of misty and vague state whereas the Bible talks aplenty about sainthood. Also logically the so called other sheep should have less of a burden to carry since their reward is far lesser yet this distiction doesn't appear anywhere.

• heathen
    heathen

To partake of the emblems of the last supper , you can only approve of yourself anyway ,according to the apostle Paul ," Let a man approve of himslef after scrutiny discern ". 1 cor 11:28 As far as being a part of the governing body of the WTBTS , that is a different story , you have to be approved by the book publishing corporation .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

To Frannie and Greendawn:

No offense, but since I have rejected the whole **##ing religion, the topic of "anointed" is moot to me. I will not argue.

LHG

• greendawn
    greendawn

I, and also Frannie I believe, have also rejected the JW religion but it's interesting to analyse such issues as the anointed and evaluate the GB that is so respected by the dubs. We see they are a scum from the anointed point of view.

In addition we should not look at an organisation as a whole but rather at the individuals that make it up and there are some worthwhile ones even in the JWs, and of course many more have already left. Organisations do not have feelings, ideas and opinions but its individual members do.

• heathen
    heathen

They are a strange group alright , the apostle Paul wrote about testing out the "inspired" expressions of the holy spirit that the "anointed" would utter but the WTBTS has it so they are not claiming to be "inspired" by spirit but only "directed" . Just another cop out for their false predictions and ability to maintain their control . The apostle Paul also wrote to continue praying for prophesy so as to build up the congregation whenever it actually was fulfilled , where as the WTBTS once again makes up some more dogma , stating they never were prophets , when in fact the record shows they certainly did make false predictions . The whole point of it was to determine which people professing to be "true christians" could be identified where as charlatans could be removed . The apostle John also made mention of people claiming to be of their sort coming into the belief structure but were not of their sort . I personally believe that all "christians" can be anointed but that only 144k worthy martyrs will share in co-rulership with christ for the millenium.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

To Frannie and Greendawn:

No offense, but since I have rejected the whole **##ing religion, the topic of "anointed" is moot to me. I will not argue.

I take no offense, chere. :) I just wanted to make it clear that the sojourn of the individuals anointed in the WTS is not always what others perceive or have been coached (via the WTS grapevine) to believe.

I, and also Frannie I believe, have also rejected the JW religion but it's interesting to analyse such issues as the anointed and evaluate the GB that is so respected by the dubs. We see they are a scum from the anointed point of view.

In addition we should not look at an organisation as a whole but rather at the individuals that make it up and there are some worthwhile ones even in the JWs, and of course many more have already left. Organisations do not have feelings, ideas and opinions but its individual members do.

I totally concur, Greendawn. Sweetie, you always cover my behind for me. I LURV ya for it!

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit