JW's participate in Government talks with other religious bodies!

by Atlantis 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Each human or government is to be judged according to the standards of the Bible, and not in comparison to anyone else. So, favoritism by human standards shows that we do not support Jehovah's view on matters.

When I have been personally asked to fill in a performance evaluation with respect to a company or government agency, I have seen no reason not to comply.

Defending and legally establishing the Good News has been done throughout Its history. What is not acceptable, based on passages such as 1 Corinthians 6, is to bypass the Congregation in matters which could just pertain to the Congregation. There is no problem to use the law of the land where legal rights and corporations are involved, or various other matters which are registered by the law of the land.

I didn't give up my right to vote, but my chosen Government (the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, or its representative, the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses) is not on the ballot. Every time I attend a meeting sponsored by the CCJW, I am voting with my feet. If I'm a member of the local Congregation, I vote on motions whenever they come up.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

See my post 2 above this one.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Christian neutrality means actively minding our own business, and taking care of the responsibilities assigned to us.

Christians are assigned to preach, to warn, to teach the Scriptures. This involves discretion, discernment, allowing other's to choose their course, and not trying to influence others with our simply personal views.

Christians are commanded to love God and neighbor, including our "enemies". Christians are told to pray in line with Jehovah's will, which includes His desire that no human should perish.

Christians are counseled not to love the world or the things in it, not to be a friend of the world. They to overcome the evil with the good, give Bible counsel where it may be beneficial.

• heathen
    heathen

Hathaway -- are you still in the org? If so you are in for a hard ride on this board. Friendship with the world is enmity with God . One of the WTBTS favorite scriptures when it comes to DFing or DAing. They have condemned everybody time and again over their existance so it would make little or no sense for them to seek a relationship with them outside of playing the annoying pest in the ear of unbelievers . They've made it clear that they are the holy and chosen government in charge of earths domestics and no other government dare oppose them lest they get the wrath of God. Some such stuff like that anyway................

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

I'm considered an interested person, I attend all 5 Congregation meeting regularly. I'm not interested with friendship with the world. Understanding by some in it is enough for me. Condemning is what the people bring upon themselves, according to the Scriptures. Mercy is given to those who repent. But conversion and dedication must come, sooner or later, before it's too late. God has His ways, which are higher than our own. When we submit/obey, then we benefit from His guidance. If not, our bad choices will lead to bad results for us, when we're individuals or collective bodies.

• heathen
    heathen

so you're saying you were never a baptized JW? Are those opinions of yours expressed by other people in the org. of are those your opinions ? If you are working your way to baptism then you better not mention your visits to this site or you will only get bad marks for associating with the enemy camp or whatever new terms they've invented since last I studied with them .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I just love it when a none JW preaches to us..Fred E.Hathaway theres a reason you don`t make sense to anyone here..It`s because you don`t know what your talking about..Have you figured out who owns 50% of Rand Cam yet?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Provide me the legal evidence, so that I can believe, whether about Rand Cam or about JWs participating in Government talks, the real topic of this thread.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah it's hard to get the evidence on that Rand Cam scandal . We've discussed this before and it's just as likely that the WTBTS was entrusted with the stock without trading options , so it just has the name only. Could even be some evil plot by apostates , who knows? There are alot of people that just want to bring the WTBTS down and will fabricate things so they lose credibility , wouldn't surprise me . It's not my intent to bring the WTBTS down even tho they are lying thieving basturds . I'm only here trying to get the facts and discuss personal experiences .

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

For those who want to discuss my life instead of the thread topic, I'm now at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/131766/2343640/post.ashx#2343640. Thank you for your kind attention. We now return to the regular broadcast with the Subject: JW's participate in Government talks with other religious bodies!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit