Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss?

by chrissee 7 Replies latest social physical

• chrissee
    chrissee

Has anyone ever tried it and with what result?

I'm going to a class at the end of March and I am a little bit wary. I mean as witnesses we are told not to get hypnotized because that will let in the demons. But does it really?? I already paid for the class and am going with my boss and another employee from where I work. I think they would think I was crazy if I told them my concerns.

And do they really hypnotize you?? Or is just like a relaxing experience??

Any help would be great.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I would do acupuncture instead. I deal w/ stress from work which in turn leads to bad behavior. Hypnosis did not do a thing for me. Acupuncture worked much better, as well as therapy. If you get to the root of the problem, you are able to address it for a greater period of time, then just a band aid approach.

• chrissee
    chrissee

Thanks - I will look into that as well.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Whatever road you travel, good luck to you.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Chrissee:

I am so glad you posted this topic as it was something that I was considering myself. Since you have paid for the class anyway please post your experience and thoughts of what you think personally. Though, I have had acpucture and I loved it but it wasn't for weight loss.

Good luck!

Loruhamah

• chrissee
    chrissee

Loruhamah

I will certainly post when the classes begin - end of March -

Thanks!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I've never tried it. However, when I'm after a goal, there's little I won't do to ensure victory/success, however remote or seemingly minuscule the support mechanism. If you go through with it, let us know about your experience and results, if you will.

I don't find a belief in literal spirit entities called demons to be very practical, realistic, necessary, useful or likely. In fact, I've only ever found such a belief to be destructive, beyond entertainment value.

In any event, prudence when handing over mental faculties to HUMAN power of suggestion seems appropriate. Have you researched hypnotherapy at all or sought out any positive or negative feedback specifically about the one you are considering going to? From sources other than the place you intend to go or the place that might be paying for you to go? Such as the Better Business Bureau or some consumer watchdogish place like that. Also, do you have other supports in place to ensure you reach your weight loss goal(s), or are you putting all your eggs in one basket as it were?

Good for you, taking on this fear and your goal. I'd love to hear how it goes for you, whatever happens, if you care to share. :)

Have fun!

SPAZ

• chrissee
    chrissee

I forgot to post last weeks Hypnotherapy class - It was okay - I don't think it helped alot but it was fun - I think the class was too big - I could probably be hypnotized in a smaller group - but there was about 30 women there - and the hypnotherapist kept telling us that you can't get stuck in hypnosis and that you'll be very relaxed, like right before you fall asleep at night, but you won't fall asleep. Well - one lady did - she was snoring so loud I really couldn't concentrate on the hypnotist. Then the seats were uncomfortable, so that didn't help either.

Good thing the class was only $30 for 3 classes - The second class was last night and the lady was asleep again - I heard her snoring - but I think the lady next to her woke her up - I couldn't really relax enough to get fully into the hypnosis - I was too busy thinking about all the things I needed to do at work. I go with my boss and I think we just go to laugh and have some fun outside of work time. We had the giggles before the hypnotist started because he had on a brand new pair of khaki pants - and we knew they were new because the long sticker that had the size on it was still stuck to the pant leg!

His "suggestions" were eat more fruits, vegetables and cool, clear water. Eat 1/2 of your regular portions at meal times and when you are thinking of a snack, we are to take a deep breath and say in our heads - "I don't need to eat" then we drink some cool, clear water and instantly feel full.

Oh, well, it may work if I'd listen to myself more often.

I'll let ya'll know how the last one goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit