Does it really happen???

by Lumptard 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

I'm sure it can happen, but how many of you were or know of people who were disfellowshipped for using the WT society's own old literature and under what "bible principle" are they able to disfellowship??? I can't think of any off the top of my head....

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im not sure, but I guess they could be disfellowshipped for having apostate thinking if they were to use "old light" to bolster their views.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

A friend of mine in another state was just publicly reproved for apostasy. His offense? Asking too many questions related to contradictions and false expectations in WT literature. They said he was peering into the deep things of Satan. They told him he was spared from disfellowshipping only because he told them he would accept a bible study to encourage him(he's just buying time till he can make a clean break).

The story gets much more interesting, but that's enough for now.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Asking too many questions related to contradictions and false expectations in WT literature. They said he was peering into the deep things of Satan.

Oh, so old light is now considered 'the deep things of satan'?

Warlock

• Lumptard
    Lumptard
    They said he was peering into the deep things of Satan.

....as published by the WTBTS.....riiiiiiiight.......no, no, it totally makes sense...uh, yeah.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes the total lack of logic is absurd. I cringe when I think of all that I gave to this totalitarian system. If there is a silver lining to the story it's that their cultish reaction to his questions only served to confirm to him that this religion is one serious mess. It's also getting some others in our circle of friends to wonder why the organization so afraid of questions about it's own history.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

It is not just a matter of looking at older publications. You can look at them all day long as long as you have the "correct" attitude. What will get you into trouble is "causing divisions" within the congregation. For that you get a free trip to the back room. If you are not on the same page as the rest of the Spirit Directed Organization, then you will either humbly apologize for your rebelliousness or you will leave. That said, I know of no one personally who has been DFed for "causing divisions" with older publications, but I'm guessing it does really happen.

Dave

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

under what "bible principle" are they able to disfellowship???

Why, the book of Knorr, chapter 6, verse 6,7, silly:

"6 And any members of the flock daring to read the Bible without constantly inculcating in their mind the ORGANIZATION'S current literature and current interpretation shall be disfellowshipped, 7 And the ORGANIZATION saw that it was good that the flock fear this punishment lest they begin to study the Bible on their own."

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Bro. Apostate,

Remember the fine encouragement from Brother Klein? 'For those of you engaging in deep bible study, get a hobby instead.'

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

nvrgnbk,

Yes, fortunately. That and other prodding and nudging from the various podiums and publications "encouraging" us to "never study the Bible without the publications to explain what it means" is one of the many reasons I left. The GB is clearly setting themselves in the place of Christ as mediator, then they, along with all others who do the same are the "man of lawlessness"!

- 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit