Other things helpful to know about your cell phone

by MsMcDucket 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    • How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

Simple. Forget writing down your ESN(electronic serial number). Just call your provider and tell them your phone was stolen/misplaced. They will flag the ESN as stolen and the phone will not be able to be registered on a new account. Of course, this whole idea is null and void if the thief knows how to crack the security code and brings the phone to another provider which has no record of your previous esn.

Only you would know how to do that Jourles! I couldn't crack a code on a locker! How many phone thieves would have that much sense? If they did, they wouldn't be stealing phones.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I only know about it because I'm in the cell phone biz. I know how to unlock 'locked' phones, but it requires a certain application that is not accessible to the public. So in that case, I'm sure there are a few people out there that make a little bit of $$$ on the side by unlocking these phones that have access to such applications(but not me). The more my company makes, the bigger my bonus!

Oh, and dial 411 from your cell phone...*wink wink*

• Satanus
    Satanus

It didn't work on my phone.

S

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

It didn't work on my phone.

Which one Satanus?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Jourles my daughter use to work for T-Mobile. I always let her do the set up stuff for our phones. I don't use T-Mobile, though, I have ATT/Cingular. I suppose she could crack a few codes.

She's got one of those Black Berry phone. I hate phones with too many applications! I just want to be able to make a phone call.

I did a search on the internet about starting the car with a signal from the cell phone and it does appear to be an urban myth to some extent. Something about different signaling between radio type thing to cell phone signaling. I think it was saying you have to have the right type of cell phone to receive the signal for it to work.

Oh well! You bursted my bubble, Jourles!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit