Robbers pretend to be Jehovah's Witnesses

by betterdaze 14 Replies latest social current

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Victim tied up and robbed in apartment

By TaMaryn Waters
    DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

The Tallahassee Police are looking for two men in connection with a home robbery this morning in the the 400 block of Conradi Street.

Lt. Ken Bergstrom said two well-dressed men knock on the door of a 23-year-old man's apartment around 11 a.m. They pretended to be Jehovah's Witnesses, and they said they were going to church, one carrying a Bible.

The victim said he was getting ready for church and that's when the two men barged in the apartment, according to Bergstrom.
    They tied the victim up with video-gaming system cord, and took an undisclosed amount of cash from the victim before fleeing.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070225/BREAKINGNEWS/702250361

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

OMG! This could give cultists a bad name...

• xjwms
    xjwms

I can see it now

the I D badge is in the future.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Poor guy.

At least they didn't steal his mind, though..............

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah really brother apostate

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I saw this story this morning. I was going to start a thread on it, but I had already met my quota. So, I'm glad you posted it. I was wondering if it will effect the witness work in Tallahassee. This could make people a little bit leery.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

If all the guy lost was his money then I think he should be grateful. Usually the cost is a lot higher than that! :(

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm sure if those brothers donate the money to the World Wide Work, all will be forgiven.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

wow the id bage im surprised it hasnt happened already.. they probably were jw's all the restriction on jobs and education.. some people really need the money

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

have to say .... i think " brother apostate" has to be the best title ever... props

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit