Question regarding informing inactive ones of WTS changes

by NanaR 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NanaR
    NanaR

Last Monday my middle daughter gave birth to my 5th grandchild. She delivered by C-Section and had complications. Eventually, it became clear that she needed a blood transfusion. Prior to her C-Section, she had (on her own) already signed a document giving the doctors permission to give her blood in a life-or-death emergency. However, she resisted the idea of taking blood after the surgery was over, even though her blood count was very low and doctors assured her that the situation could be dangerous.

I let her know that I would support her personal decision whatever it was, and left it to her younger sister (who took blood under similar circumstances) to talk with her about it. After talking with her sister, she agreed to take the transfusion. Her improvement was immediate.

On the way home, my husband said, "I want you to understand that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will I ever agree to take a blood transfusion. I would RATHER DIE than take blood." I told him that I understood what he was saying.

Here's the thing -- since we have been inactive so long, I am quite sure that my husband has NO IDEA that the society now PERMITS Witnesses to accept most blood fractions. I didn't know this until I read the scanned information on this site.

How do I get this information to him? I haven't told him about this site. I don't know what his reaction would be to my being here.

For an inactive Witness to die rather than take blood when they aren't even informed on the "current light" (confusing and contradictory as it is) is frightening to me.

Any suggestions? I searched the 2005 WT CD and could not find the Kingdom Ministry insert with the chart that I have seen here, so I assume it is from 2006 or later.

Thanks.

Ruth

• jschwehm
  • MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

If he's inactive, then why would he object?

The Bible doesn't prohibit transfusions (ask the Jews) only the JWs do and he's already dead in their eyes.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Nana,

The links Jeff gave you will be useful in making an informed decision, medically speaking. As I haven't read all of them yet, I am not aware of recommendations on how to arrive at one's personal choice. Re: what to tell - or NOT tell - your husband, that is a very delicate matter. Kerry Louderback-Wood's mother died because she was not aware that Hemoglobin, which she required, was "permitted" by the Society. The WT apparently made no effort to go public on this allowance. Ms. Wood's campaign was spurred, I believe, by the needless and tragic loss of her mother; this led her to declare that, if one child's life were spared by her efforts, then it was all worth it.
    A potential medical situation - very similar to those in your family - looms on my horizon and I am scared. There are the two camps: the die-hards and the wavering, lost and confused souls. We are truly in this together, Dear Nana!

Coco

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

If you are speaking about the November 2006 insert called: How Do I View Blood Fractions, you can download those pages here.

How Do I View Blood Fractions? November 2006 Kingdom Ministry Insert. Click this link and another page will open. Scroll down until you see a red arrow pointing to the download link. http://www.sendspace.com/file/9gr80l Nevada-

• NanaR
    NanaR

Thanks Nevada :-) That was the KM Insert I was thinking about.

I guess if he doesn't trust a scanned copy, we will have to wait until I can download a pirated 2006 WT CD. He never asked how I got the 2005 one :-)

I appreciate you!

Ruth

• NanaR
    NanaR

Thanks CoCo. The WTS current stand on blood products is so convoluted and confusing I doubt that many active Witnesses actually understand it. And then in articles like the 2004 Watchtower that is referenced on the site that Jeff linked to, they throw in the admonition to be careful of the consciences of others as well as your own.

It's pretty clear to me that if the Bible really DOES forbid all uses of blood beyond sacrifice, then the WTS is already in violation. And if, as I believe, it DOES NOT forbid medical uses of blood to save lives, they are BLOODGUILTY.

I appreciate your reply.

Ruth

• NanaR
    NanaR

Thanks for the links, Jeff. Perhaps I can arrange for my husband to accidentally happen on them one day.

In the meantime, the information is very helpful to me.

Ruth

• NanaR
    NanaR

Minister Amos,

You asked:

If he's inactive, then why would he object?

Because whether or not he still believes the JWs have the "truth", he has been thoroughly brainwashed to believe that the side effects of blood transfusion are deadly both physically and spiritually.

Because he still can't admit that he made the wrong decision years ago when he became a Witness over his family's serious objections.

Who knows?

Ruth

• greendawn
    greendawn

Any dub with some brains left should realise by now that the WTS blood policy is a cruel joke that destroyed unnecessarily many lives. And that it's not worth supporting such a ruthless organisation. If so many (that died) had not refused in the past what is now allowed they would have been alive. Or is it just a case of new light versus old light?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit