I was worried the tornado would hit us and it hit the Kingdom Hall!! :)

by reneeisorym 17 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I know some witnesses will be glad to work on the hall for a few Saturdays instead of F.S.!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why wasn't Jehovah protecting His House™?

Jehovah's no dummy. He knows that $100,000 worth of damage can translate into $1,000,000 in donations™ if the elders™ whine enough from the platform™.

W

• lawrence
    lawrence

El Kabong - good one!

I wonder if they'll discover skeletons under the building? Imagine all those congo records spread across the county!

• greendawn
    greendawn

And the WTS possesses so many KHs around the world losing one of them is just a drop in the bucket. The local dubs put in the land the materials and the labour and the WTS gets the title deed of the KH.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    At least those dubs got some rest from their meetings since the roof got damaged and let in rain. They would have been luckier if it had been completely uprooted, broken up to pieces and scattered.

The dubs wouldn't get any rest if that happened around here. They would find some other Kingdom Hall that would allow them to use their facilities--meaning more driving and more gas. You just can't miss a meeting you know. I remember one time there was a tornado warning during a meeting, and the brothers stopped the meeting and told everyone to go to the basement. I didn't realize that they were in the process of reconvening the meeting in the basement because everyone was still standing up. So I pulled my cell phone out to call Clyde to see if he was all right. Boy, did I get a dirty look from a couple of the elders!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    At least those dubs got some rest from their meetings since the roof got damaged and let in rain. They would have been luckier if it had been completely uprooted, broken up to pieces and scattered.

The dubs wouldn't get any rest if that happened around here. They would find some other Kingdom Hall that would allow them to use their facilities--meaning more driving and more gas. You just can't miss a meeting you know. I remember one time there was a tornado warning during a meeting, and the brothers stopped the meeting and told everyone to go to the basement. I didn't realize that they were in the process of reconvening the meeting in the basement because everyone was still standing up. So I pulled my cell phone out to call Clyde to see if he was all right. Boy, did I get a dirty look from a couple of the elders!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well Reneeisorym Im glad you are ok, and that you didnt sustain any damage. Bonnie Clyde, your experience you had is just priceless.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Remind me to not shelter in a KH during the "Big A"

They aren't even protected from tornados and hurricanes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit