Ressurrection or Death.

by KAYTEE 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

My wife’s parents are 90 odd years of age, they are not Jw’s .

If they die today, and Armageddon comes next week, according to the witnesses they will receive a resurrection Acts.24 v 15.

If they live until Armageddon (next week) they will be destroyed by God .

In that 1-week they would NOT have changed their life stile one bit.

How can the society depict God in this way.

Does that sought of thing not smack in the face of all common sense.?

KT

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

This always puzzled me too, KAYTEE.
    I often heard JWs (my parents included) say that they wished their ageing parents would die so that they could get a resurrection, rather than live longer and risk being destroyed at Armageddon!
    Crazy, eh?
    As a small child I would think "why would a loving god do this?"
    Love DNC XXX
    PS. More cheesecake, please :-)

• Dansk
    Dansk

And isn't God supposed to be able to read hearts? The society likes to cover itself both ends. How did we ever believe that junk!!

Ian

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

This is something that bothered me for years. When my parents died, dad was a disfellowshipped JW, having not beem able to give up smoking when the ban was introduced, and mum was inactive.

Being the good JW I was then, I tried very hard to get them both back, but they never returned, and I used to have sleepless nights worrying whether they would be resurrected or not, having had the truth and rejected it. I asked various elders what they thought, and none could give me a comforting answer.

It's only since I have learned the truth about the Watchtower that I have been able to put my concerns about mum and dad to rest. My beliefs in Watchtower doctrine concerning the resurrection disturbed my peace for almost 20 years.

How did we ever believe that junk!!

Quite Ian, I wish I'd never heard it.

Marion

• DJK
    DJK

I was taught if you were destroyed at Armageddon you were still resurrected and jugded. That was many years ago. They must have changed their policy in an effort to maintain control over the sheep. I think I would rather be a tiger than a sheep.

• Clam
    Clam

My father died a few years ago, and being a spiritualist I pretty much took it in my stride. My JW sister and her Elder son where both incredibly tearful and emotional at his funeral. My conclusions were that they had very strong doubts as to whether they were going to see him again. I expected the opposite: and it really stunned me how their faith appeared to give them no comfort whatsoever. After all, being an ex JW myself I'd understood that they would know he was to be ressurected. I really think that when it comes to the crunch, their faith amounts to nothing.

Clam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit