Are Jehovah's witnesses violent?

by cultswatter 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
  • averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I clicked on the link and I do not see anything!

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Click on "Download file" at the top of the page and follow directions. I know it takes a bit getting used to these file hosting services.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Looks like back then you couldn't defend yourself from a mob of 2000 attacking and burning the building you were in.

They locked up six of the 'victims' of the mob because two men IN the mob were wounded by gunshot pellets fired by the JWs.

Wouldn't this be considered self defense? Maybe that wasn't a defense back in 1940.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

What I want to know is, where did they get shotguns from? Could they have fled the building? Where they given a chance?

If they couldn't have gotten away safely, then at that point you have to fight for your safety. But again, I wonder where they got the shotguns.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Sir Nose, I didn't think about that until after I had posted. What did they have guns for? It says it was a headquarters building but I'm not aware of one ever being in Kennebunk. If it was a headquarters where people lived maybe they hunted for food. Would you use gunshot pellets for birds or animals to eat?

My first thought was that if a mob was coming after me and was burning down my house, somebody's gonna get lead poisoning.

At what point do you quit turning the other cheek - after you are dead? (retorical)

You're right about fleeing, it they could have done so, you would think that would have been their first option.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I don't believe that these jws had major walking problems

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Does anyone know the names of the guys in that pic? My stepgrandpa was a bodyguard for Rutherford back in the 30's and 40's

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

There is a note below the picture on a second page. It identifies the 2 men as Carroll S. Madsen (left) and Joseph Leathers. It says it is an Associated Press Photo and is dated 6/10/40.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Menemene, those names dont ring a bell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit