What is your favorite Pagan Gods !

by 5go 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Favorite Pagan God ... let's see .....

Condoleezza Rice

Rub a Dub

LOL!

so, by "pagan" we mean gods of a certain lineage? or any gods? it's interesting that we find a connection between goddess worship and cannabis, since in the early agricultural part of the neolithic, it was the females who represented mother earth because they knew the ways of the garden better than the hunting men. and so Goddess worship of archtypes like Kali, and her feriousciously sensual canaanite cousin Anath, often involved sacrament usage of cannabis among other things. uh, so Kali is, naturally, my favorite "pagan" god. (puff puff) tetra

• Kudra
    Kudra

Me too, Gretchen!

I love the wilderness aspect of Artemis- also I work with a lot of Artemisia, I love going backpacking by myself, (and I also do archery and you can see my deer antlers on my myspace site www. myspace.com/antlerama !!) and my botany mentor told me a few years back that I was a daughter of Artemis...

I like her independent spirit...

Tetra, have you read The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley?

-K

• Kudra
    Kudra

Also, you can make absinthe out of Artemesia absinthium.

:P

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Tetra, have you read The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley?

no, i haven't. good read? i just checked it out on wikipedia. looks cool! thanks for the tip.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i forgot, Quetzalcoatl is a god that has been fascinating me lately too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

i won't insert the image, i think it may be on the verge of too wide:

http://homepage.smc.edu/urmston_william/art%209%20slides/urmston/19.%20Temple%20of%20Quetzalcoatl.jpg

but this is a pretty funky drawing:

alt

tetra

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Prometheus, who gave fire to mortal man. In modern times the fire is used to represent knowledge.

• veradico
    veradico

Dionysos and Apollo for opposite reasons; Ganymede, Zeus' gay lover; as a collective, the Norse gods are my favorite

• Quandary
    Quandary

Asclepius- The god of healing- Can't we all use some healing?

Q

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Bast, cat goddess of Egypt. The Greeks identified her with Artemis from whence the notion of the nine lives associated with cats sprang. Artemis was said to be the mother of the nine muses, whose invention of the seven note scale led to our idea of "Music"

It was said that dogs have always been the companion of the human family, but Bast waited till the human species became civilized to begin to live with them.

Cheers

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I have a pagan friend who follows Moragon (sp?), the god of justice. He's in school for law enforcement, intending to be an undercover cop. (He'd be a good one, too.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit