Why so much DEFICIT?

by Aintthatcute 16 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Pathofthorns,

Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember that CA and DC were differnt with handling contributions. I recall that our circuit had a savings account for contributions and in it we kept 10's of thousands of dollars. It was kept there for emergency repair to the Assembly Hall or when we needed to some project to the Assembly Hall. This is differnt then the DC were the Society makes the meeting arrangements, rented the stadium and there was no need to keep a fund. So all the surplus goes to Crooklyn.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I wouldn't worry about this.
    The witnesses are dropping in numbers in the western world and only increasing in developing (poor) countries. (generally)
    Their numbers are increasing slightly over all but their donations are going through the floor.
    What they don't tell the rank and file is that the expansion which was occurring in the western world until the mid 90s was mostly due to family members (children) becoming witnesses and not due to millions of hours of preaching. Now the honey moon is over.
    In the countries where the number of people dying or leaving the org exceeds sign ups, this will mean
    1. less donations
    2. less publishers so less hours spent in field service
    3. kingdom halls becoming half empty and too expensive to keep
    4. lower morale and motivation for preaching
    5. witnesses will wonder what God is waiting for and get impatient

Perhaps "a third of the stars will fall" is an understatement.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I would just like to appologise for mis quoting a scripture in my last post; the Jehovah's Witnesses taught me everything they know.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

from Msil: " Why is it that whenever there is a surplus at assemblies(at the end) they send it to the society? Then next assembly they run short and make an announcement and everyone gives to them...

Then they send that surplus to the society again"

So THATS why they have assemblies!! Now I get it.

-LisaBObeesa

• Englishman
    Englishman

Don't forget the widows mite.

Sometimes, however, the widows might not.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Escargot
    Escargot

As an Elder, I could not understand why we would commit a large amount to the WT before the CA funds were all in. Also, you pay for the DO living expenses including their housing. Seems like the DO’s want to have their own apartment instead of living with a family.

Also, at least at Southern California AH (Mira Loma), there are brothers and sisters living in apartments at the site on a full time bases. Boy, the Apostle Paul would roll over in his grave if he witnessed what goes on now days.

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

Thanks everyone for your posts. I am finally convinced that CAs are BIG MONEY MAKERS!

ATC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit