The Supernatural and JW's

by winnie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

Can anyone explain why Jehovahs Witnesses are not allowed to watch anything supernatural?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Competing fantasies are not allowed.

• loosie
    loosie

It might let the demons in.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They fear that if they watch anything supernatural that will create an intimacy with demonic forces that will lead to them getting possessed by the demons. It's their obsessive fear of the demons. Why not be more powerful than them rather than fear them?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Actually, they've repititiously taught from the podium that anything not published by the WTS is spawned by Satan and would cause one to be influenced by demonic forces.

Frannie

• winnie
    winnie
    It might let the demons in.

I have heard that, but how can something you watch 'let the demons come in?' I've never had a problem, and I watch nearly everything supernatural, even when I was a JW.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

they are obsessed with demons and so they demonize everything. They are very convincing, I had dreams about demons for years and would wake up shouting "jehovah" even years after I no longer believed in jehovah or any religious crap.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Maybe you haven't encountered such trouble because demons are 'make-believe' and the JWs believe in "make-believe"? Just a thought . . .

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

They are afraid that the rank and file would see that the watchliar sociopath society is full of Crap

• loosie
    loosie
    I have heard that, but how can something you watch 'let the demons come in?'

I don't know how they say this is suppossed to happen. I don't believe it happens at all.

But when you are in you are told even as a child not to tell ghost stories because it makes satan hahpy and the demons will come get you.

Now my question as an adult is if satan and his demons are so powerful how come the dude has to be invited in? Wouldn't he come just barge right in whenever he wanted?

I watch scary movies and read ghost stories a lot... and nothing has happened to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit