Comments You Will Not Hear at the 2-25-07 WT Study (Really Teaches)

by blondie 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• compound complex
    compound complex

[in keeping with the GB's true manner of divining "scared truths" (no "sic" intended) and the subsequent results, post of 24-Feb-07, 09:59, edited to read]:

"[making] a correct analysis of 'holey' GB rhetoric."

C...

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Zealously preaching and teaching" -- [Blondie's comment: "how many JWs are rearranging their lives to preach full-time (not just 70 hours a month) since the end is near, SOON, VERY SOON NOW."]

I've had that same thought many times, Blondie. If JWs believed, truly believed in the depths of their souls, that Armageddon was imminent, they would drop everything they're doing, ditch their jobs, going on welfare if need be, to spend every waking moment warning their fellow human beings of the catastrophe about to be visited upon them.

But what do the majority of JWs do? They hold down jobs, buy homes and cars, have children, enjoy hobbies -- that is, they live in such a manner as to contradict the very urgency they profess in their teachings. If you're "zealously" trying to save someone from drowning, you don't stop to wash the rescue boat first.

That's why I've been convinced for a long time now that in some small, secret place in their minds, most JWs don't really believe the whole end-of-this-system teaching. If it's true that faith without works is dead, the lackluster preaching activity most JWs do is ample proof of the sad state of their faith.

• juni
    juni

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Blondie? Didn't study the WT, but I love your choices for your house. YES! Good choice to go w/the ceilings. Getting away from the pure white.

Juni

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thanks for another good review, its quite laughable how every other religious organisation or church is tarred (sp) by the same brush whilst the 'FDS' can be wrong/flip flop/change whole doctrines/lie etc and yet not be viewed the same.

How can they claim to teach what the Bible reallyteaches, when their beliefs remain in flux, ready to be changed at a moments notice? Was the 1914 generation teaching what the Bible REALLY taught? Or has that now been updated???

How can they point to a single verse and claim its simple and clear? The two example's of the condition of the dead and paradise, dont add up with what the NT says, so now how clear and simple is it? Are they saying that there can't be 144k going to heaven or already there? And do all humans go to this paradise as they have just shown us, despite the heavenly calling??? Yes very clear and simple WTS.

I also dislike the way they assume God's original purpose was for humans to live on earth forever - where does it say that? If that is the case were humans to have been naked forever too? How do we know what the original purpose was if it wasnt completed? What where the tree of life and tree of knowledge? Doesn't it say they were banished in case they ate from the tree of life and lived forever? So couldnt this mean they were not going to live forever until they ate of it? Doesn't revelation 2:7 mention to the annointed that they would eat from this tree also? So can we really make assumptions as to what was God's purpose?

There is so much more I could say on this material...

CS 101

• jgnat
    jgnat

I handn't the heart for the study this weekend. Right off, though, I loved this:

19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."

My goodness, look what they left out!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

They have shown that they don't really believe what the Bible teaches. They have re-written the whole Bible to fit their ever changing beliefs and doctrines. The Bible that they use is not the one that has been passed down through the ages. While I don't believe that the Bible is written by God, they do, and still they change what they claim comes from God and re -write the whole book. So, the Watchtower lesson is written by a group of people not inspired of God, a group that remains anonymous.

Blondie thanks for all your hard work, time and effort that you put into these articles. Fresh paint and Spring not too far off.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit