UN Info Distribution

by MadApostate 10 Replies latest jw friends

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

A day or so prior to gc.com shutting down, one of their members posted a warning that they had received an "apostate email", entitled "United Nations". The poster said that he had deleted it without reading it, (I guess they have esp over there) and warned others to do the same. I believe that the poster also said that all gc members probably got such because they didn't use that particular address except for gc stuff.

I haven't seen a similar post on gc.NET or wol thus far.

Can I assume that someone here has already emailed everyone at gc and wol?

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Earlier today I saw a thread on WOL which refers to another UN email.
    Thanks to whomever sent those to the GC & WOL deadheads (xjws excluded).

However, the posted replies are typical of people who are hanging on to that one last active braincell. (Reminds me of people with that one last good tooth up front.)

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

The Taliban have nothing on Jehovah's Witnesses.

That WOL thread has already been deleted. The last time I read it, there were only 3 posts. The first simply warned that the email laughably accused the Society of being a UN partner, with the second saying they also received and deleted such, with the third receiver condemning the sender to eternal destruction.

I guess it is forbidden to even mention the "subject" of an "apostate email".

Don't you wish JWs ruled the planet!

• outsider_looking_in
    outsider_looking_in

Mad Apostate,
    I have to confess it was me who sent those emails out,i cut and pasted the letter below (with permission)and sent it to about 30-40 members of W.O.L & Greatcrowd,i recieved only 2 replies one just said c'ya and the other was a threat saying he would take further action if I sent him anymore.
    My only mistake was that I put United Nations as the subject header.
    Hopefully if just one of them read it and started to ask questions then I feel I didn't waste my time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    "How are you? Well, I hope.

I recently read a fascinating book about the United Nations, and I wanted to share some of what I read with you. One of the things this book discussed was the pervasive propaganda machine that the UN has created. For example, did you know that the United Nations has created a K-12 curriculum that is being implemented in the United States, and around the world? This allows the UN to instil their ideals in school-aged children all over the world.

Another component of this propaganda campaign is the enlisting of non-governmental organizations (shortly, NGOs) by the United Nations for the purpose of disseminating UN propaganda to an even wider audience.

Through the support of these NGOs (of which there are thousands), imagine the breadth of the propaganda campaign the UN can employ!

I was so amazed by this that I spent some time doing additional research on the subject.

The role of these non-governmental organizations that are associated with the United Nations is defined in UN resolution 1296 (XLIV) of May 23, 1968, which states that an NGO "…shall undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities."

Additional requirements and responsibilities for these NGOs are defined in official UN documents. According to these documents, a non-governmental organization that is associated with the UN must:

"Share the ideals of the UN Charter."

"Disseminate information about the UN to their membership, thereby building knowledge of and support for the organization at the grassroots level. This dissemination includes: publicizing UN activities around the world on such issues as peace and security, economic and social development, human rights, humanitarian affairs and international law; promoting UN observances and international years established by the General Assembly to focus world attention on important issues facing humanity."

"Operate solely on a not-for-profit basis."

"Have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences…"

"Have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins, and pamphlets…"

Here are a couple more of the responsibilities of an NGO associated with the UN:

"…disseminating information and mobilizing public opinion in support of the UN and its Specialized Agencies."

"Associated NGOs are expected to devote a portion of their information programmes to promoting knowledge of the United Nations' principles and activities."

In short, these NGOs essentially work for the UN – at least part of the time. Part of their time and resources is spent disseminating UN propaganda to their membership.

All of this information is verifiable on-line, at the official United Nations website http://www.un.org). You could also obtain this information from the UN in written form. I will include their address at the bottom of this letter.

Probably you're wondering why I am writing to you on this matter. Well, you know as well as I do that the Watchtower Society has long decried the United Nations as nothing less that the "scarlet-colored wild beast" of Revelation, and the "disgusting thing that causes desolation" of Daniel. For years, the Society has pointed its finger at religious organizations for having visible ties to the United Nations:

"The UN, then, is actually a revival of the scarlet-colored wild beast." (Revelation – Its Grand Climax At Hand, pg. 248)

"Details supplied in the prophecy help us to identify this symbolic beast as a peace organization that came into existence in 1919 as the League of Nations (a 'disgusting thing') and that is now the United Nations." (The Watchtower, May 1 1999, pg. 17)

"In the major fulfillment of the sign, the disgusting thing is the League of Nations and its successor, the United Nations." (The Watchtower, March 15 1990, pg. 8)

"From its inception, this body has also had the great harlot riding on its back, visibly associated with it and trying to guide its destiny. For example, on its 20th anniversary, in June 1965, representatives of the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, together with Protestants, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, and Muslims—said to represent two thousand million of earth's population—assembled in San Francisco to celebrate their support and admiration of the UN." (Revelation – Its Grand Climax At Hand, pg. 243)

The Watchtower Society is correct when it says "representatives of the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, together with Protestants, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, and Muslims" have all established visible ties to the UN, for each of these religions have representative groups who are registered with the United Nations as non-governmental organizations. (A list of non-governmental organizations registered with the United Nations can be found at the United Nations official website, here: http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirAlph/alphabet.htm).

What the Watchtower Society does not mention is that they, too, have established 'visible ties' to the United Nations. The Watchtower Society, along with Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, and Muslim groups, is now an officially registered non-governmental organization in association with the United Nations, committed to "support the work of the United Nations"; committed to "mobilizing public opinion in support of the UN"; committed to "devote a portion of their information programmes to promoting knowledge of the United Nations' principles and activities."

You can easily verify everything I have said here. I have quoted from an official United Nations document, which can be obtained from the United Nations' website, here: http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/brochure.htm. You can also contact the United Nations in written form to obtain the same information.

If you still doubt that the Watchtower Society has climbed atop the scarlet-colored wild beast, why not search for evidence of what I am saying in Watchtower publications? If what I am saying is true, and the Watchtower Society has made a commitment to support the UN, to devote a portion of its information programme to promoting the UN's agenda, to advertise UN observances and international years, etc., then we should be able to find examples of this in Watchtower journals. Allow me to suggest a starting point for such a search:

· Awake! November 22, 1998, pg. 3-7
    · Awake! July 22, 1999, pg. 3
    · Awake! July 22, 1999, pg. 31
    · Awake! May 8, 1999, pg. 31
    · Awake! September 22, 1999, pg. 5-7
    · Awake! January 8, 1999, pg. 13
    · Awake! January 8, 1999, pg. 31
    · Awake! June 22, 1999, pg. 15

It is for deceit and hypocrisy just such as this that we left the Watchtower Society. Believe me when I say we have uncovered precisely this type of underhanded behaviour by the Society numerous times now. Obviously there is some tangible benefit to associating with the United Nations; therefore even though the Society has claimed for years that the UN is the beast of Revelation, and the enemy of God, they quietly enter into a relationship with it. They condemn other religions for it, and then they do it themselves.

As far as I am aware, there has been no change in doctrine regarding the identity of the scarlet-colored wild beast. But given this relationship between the Watchtower Society and the United Nations, perhaps we will soon see some "new light" on this matter.

Once again, I urge you to follow up on this. Research this matter for yourself, so that you may be convinced of the truth of the matter.

I am enclosing a copy of a letter I will be sending to the Watchtower Society on this matter."

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Outsider:

Someone did an excellent job of putting that email together.

But why stop at 30/40 people at WOL? (Looks like GC.net is locked up now.)

Please send this excellent letter to as many of the others as possible.

Maybe some folks here could help you. (I'm gone for most of the day.)

Thanks for what you have done thus far!

• logical
    logical

Why do the JW's continue to keep their heads in the sand?

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

: Why do the JW's continue to keep their heads in the sand?

That's like asking why worms don't soar like eagles.

• Celia
    Celia

Outsider-looking-in : Great letter.
    Can I use it ?

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Celia:

This is a letter I wrote to some JW family/friends when this issue first hit. I posted it to this board a couple weeks ago in response to a request. I said at that time anyone was free to use it, so please feel free to do so. I hope it helps.

It's also available here, as a Word document: http://www.randytv.com/docs/unitednations.htm

TS,

• outsider_looking_in
    outsider_looking_in

Sorry Trevor Scott,i did say i copied the letter,problem was i forgot which thread it was so i couldn't give you the credit for the letter.I do appologise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit