Divorced, treated like crap from local Hall. Looking for new faith.

by magdalenefan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    Oh, by the way, I did visit a local Bible church, definately more at ease. It made me feel better a little while, But I will be looking more inside of myself for faith?

You have the right idea! The Bible teaches us about a relationship with Jehovah through Jesus Christ, not about a religion. It is a deeply personal faith, but thrives among others who share a true commitment to the Bible and not to cultic man-made rules. I wish you success in finding a new community who will love you, regardless of the past. That is Jesus' unconditional love in action! I have experienced it and it is a beautiful thing.

• becca1
    becca1

Welcome! Sorry about your marrige breaking up. Take your time finding love and a new faith, don't jump into anything.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hi Magdalenefan and welcome to the board. I have one question to ask you, before you became a JW did you even look on the internet to investigate them?

• mia_b
    mia_b

welcome to the forum, you will find support here

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Magdalenefan welcome,

It is a lonely road after a divorce or going thru one and being at the KH doesn't help with all those cosy couples happy or unhappy. It tends to make the pain worse. If you find the new church helps you feel better go for it. Best thing is not to feel you have to turn up each time.

Take it easy on yourself until you feel stronger.

Witchettygrub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit