Funny Remark by Elder

by Undecided 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

My brother was in a meerting with the elders and one of them asked this sister if she knew what fornication was. She said having sex with someone you don't love. One of the elders laughed and said if that was true several of us would be commiting fornication.

Ken P.

• Confession
    Confession
    She said having sex with someone you don't love.

LOL! That's so sweet though...

• Clam
    Clam

That's weird Ken. Maybe some elders only love themselves.

Seriously I think it says more about the elder who said it, and how he sees his marriage.

Clam

• PEC
    PEC

JWs show us the love.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Bawww-Hawww!!!....sux for that guy...

• becca1
    becca1

It's no secret that many JW marriges are loveless. They stay for fear of DFing.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    It's no secret that many JW marriges are loveless. They stay for fear of DFing.

Now gee, what could've caused that? The archaic courtship period...followed by engagement because the woman doesn't want to look like a tease, and because the man figures she's the best he can find...followed by marriage to get ahold of that sweet love-making...only neither of them know how to please one another...and oops! Other than getting married for the sack, there's not really that much in common....and oh boy, here comes a baby...so you better stick around for that, brother! And they wonder why there's a problem...

• Mad
    Mad

Man! You folks must secretly think we're -

saints- since you make fun of a sense of humor!

Of course, the way you think sometimes adds to MY sense of humor!

HooHooHoHoHaaaaa!

Mad

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

saints- since you make fun of a sense of humor!

Of course, the way you think sometimes adds to MY sense of humor!

HooHooHoHoHaaaaa!

Mad

So what, you don't think there is a problem of loveless marriages? One of my friends supplies the dirt to me on certain young families in the hall. And yes, it is a problem that just isn't discussed. The elder can have his sense of humor, but we are saying that he's just "kidding on the square," aka kidding but really meaning it.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::My brother was in a meerting with the elders and one of them asked this sister if she knew what fornication was. She said having sex with someone you don't love. One of the elders laughed and said if that was true several of us would be commiting fornication.

That's actually pretty funny - he was probably just kidding (I doubt he would have said it otherwise), if she was in a committee meeting at least the elder had a sense of humor. I've found elders that don't take themselves too seriously are much easier to get along with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit