My husband's awful parents in AZ.

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

My husband is a super dude, kind sweet, smart, in general he's just the best. His paternal grandfather died last week on Valentine's Day at the age of 92. My husb was as close to his GP as he is to his father, which is silly according to the JWs, as GP was Catholic and my husb's dad is a JW, he should have been an ideal father.

Aside from the religious tension, my husband's parents are completely awful to him: say stupid things to him-he asked if he could borrow GP's car for a day or so, they said 'ooooh but you have to be careful and not wreck it' (he's never had an at-fault accident)to which he said "nevermind about the car", accuse him of threatening them (take words like: 'this is the last time we'll see each other' to mean that he's about to murder them) and spread BS about him to our ex friends in the cong in Phx. Plus, the father was an abusive bastard -physically and mentally - to my husband and his sister when they were kids; the mother, she's just an ignorant fool of a person. My husband packed up and flew to Phx last Thurs with just 10 hrs notice (GP died early in the am on Wed, they couldn't call us until 7pm that night for some reason) and has stayed w/ his also ex-JW sister for a week, who is the best friend and sister to him that you could ask for.

He returns to CO tomorrow, so today he called his ignorant parents to see if he and his sister could come over to visit (since they've only seen them at the funeral on Sat.) His dad's reply: 'Well I'm sleeping (mid-day) and your mother is out, so, . . .' So no visit.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU JEHOVAH FOR THESE MODEL CITIZENS AND PARENTS, MAY WE BE THE OPPOSITE OF THEM WITH OUR OWN KIDS!!!

Catfish

• exjdub
    exjdub

The love is overwhelming, isn't it? Sorry your husband is experiencing this Catfish. Even though it is par for the course with JW family, it still hurts when it happens.

exjdub

• becca1
    becca1

"By their fruits they shall be known".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Just substitute CA for AZ and you got my parents.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit