Appreciative of the positive side of having been a JW

by exwitless 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free2think
    free2think
    I am much more confident when addressing a group of people than I probably would have been had I never been a jw.

I agree fullofdoubtnow. I am not a very confident person, but being a jw made me become more of an extrovert, although deep down I am still that same shy, unconfident person. I guess it helped me to be an actress. Which helps me now when I go to the meetings, as it stops me from laughing outloud when I have to sit through all those boring talks.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The positive side of being a JW is:..I`m happy the religion didn`t make me so depressed,that I put a bullet through my scull...OUTLAW

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

The positives i take away from being a jehovah's witness is learning about biblical love, and other interesting subjects, and learning about other cultures. It taught me to view humankind as one big family, I think that's one positive thing they do teach..

• parakeet
    parakeet

found-my-way wrote: "It taught me to view humankind as one big family, I think that's one positive thing they do teach.."

That would be a positive thing, except for that pesky little belief that the father of our "one big family" is planning to wipe out 99% of his children (real soon now)."

• Golf
    Golf

What would we do without a 'negative' post on our car batteries?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit