For what it's worth,.....

by Twitch 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This May it will be 22 years since I left them physically but only 12 since I recognized it as a cult. This website has been a mind-saver when I thought I was going to lose it.

For some it is easy to get out of the WTS but it isn't as easy to get the WTS out of us. This site has done that for me. Blown to bits every last shred of belief that the WTS just might be right.

I love it that we sometimes know what the WTS is going to release even before the dubs know.

And I'm so glad that you took a chance to meet me on a quiet street in Winnipeg one evening and sat long enough to talk.

Bravo to you

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Twitch, I'm glad you post here and I can understand what your saying about needing to connect with people on some level who understand what it was like to be a witness. No one understands this if they weren't ever a witness, so all of my friends who never witnesses just don't get it. And yet I continually come here even just to read other posts if nothing else. Your a lot of fun, I enjoy your posts and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts like that.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    mind-saver

Thats a very good word to describe this place Lady Lee!

• tim hooper
    tim hooper
    This website has been a mind-saver when I thought I was going to lose it.

For some it is easy to get out of the WTS but it isn't as easy to get the WTS out of us.

Over 30 years here Lady Lee, and it's only in the last 9 months or so that I've had to recognise the depth of my own personal issues.

tim

• Twitch
    Twitch
    And I'm so glad that you took a chance to meet me on a quiet street in Winnipeg one evening and sat long enough to talk.

Me too as it was long overdue. You can run but you can't hide from the things that were done to you, as I found out.

Over 30 years here Lady Lee, and it's only in the last 9 months or so that I've had to recognise the depth of my own personal issues.

Yea, I hear ya. It wasn't that long ago myself that I realized how deep some of the roots went

Thank you all for your replies.

:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit