Been gone awhile.(Rough past few three months)

by jakes 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jakes
    jakes

Hello Everyone! I have'nt been here for awhile.The family and I went through a very rough time over the past three months.Most of it has been JW related and how negatively the teachings have affected a brother of my wife who has been diagnosed with Bipolar.However,that I will leave for a different discussion.We have managed to pull through it all and we are slowly picking up the pieces. I am also hard at work putting the final touches to my book.I will keep you posted on the release date. This past weekend I stepped into a kingdom hall after more than two years.I attended a JW funeral of a friend who was not a JW.His family are all JWs and I was actually surprised that permission was given to them to have it conducted in the kingdom hall.Halfway through the talk I got up and walked out of the hall.I could not bare to listen to the pathetic reasoning laid out by the elder during his talk.Hardly any comfort was given to the family in the talk.As one other poster mentioned,it all become just one big JW presentation and "sales talk".This was probably done because of the many non-JWs that were in attendance. And to think, I used believe all that crap. jakes

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome back, Jakes,

Sorry for your rough go. You'll find sympathy and love and practical help here. I realize you know that, but the more you can be here - circumstances permitting - the better. I improve daily, and I give credit to finding just the right words at the right time here at JWD. Happened last night, and the day before, and....
    Please stay tuned, continuing to share and looking for what we couldn't find at the KH. We're glad you're back!

Coco

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

I'm sorry you've had a hard time of it. Hope things are looking up!

JW funerals are the worst (that I've ever been to anyway). And they preach like that even if there aren't alot of non-JWs present, I think. They wouldn't know any other way.

Glad you're back. Relax. Decompress.

What's this about a book?

~Merry

• bernadette
    bernadette

Hi Jakes and welcome back

Sorry that its been rough for you

bernadette

• jakes
    jakes

Thanks Guys!

There is always a listening and comforting ear on the forum.

Merry!

The book is about my journey and discoveries of the Watchtower lies and cover-ups.

The title has changed since the last time I mentioned it on the forum.It is titled-Losing The Faith,Truth under Scrutiny.

jakes

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Thanks jakes! I'll be looking forward to that release date...

~Merry

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Jakes

Welcome back. Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Hope things start to look up soon.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good to see you again Jakes ...The book sounds interesting,-Losing The Faith,Truth under Scrutiny.
    Just unwind from the experience of the "sales Pitch" know that your saved from all that "schpeel" Now you can THINK independently.... THANK GOD

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi jakes, good to see you again, sorry you've had some tough times of late, but it's good you've got through them, and things are picking up now.

JW funerals are the worst, I would never attend one.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I've been to a couple of funerals in the KH lately and compared to the ones I used to do 30 years ago they were much better now. My worldly wife thought they were OK too.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit