In the end, what will really matter?

by exwitless 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xena
    Xena

For me in the end what will matter is how I am remembered by family and friends. I'm not so worried about God and afterlife, those will take care of themselves. All I know for sure is that I can and will live on in the memories of people who knew me and I want there to be lots of good memories for them to draw on and perhaps pass on.

Oh and I like cemeteries, they are peaceful.

• exwitless
    exwitless
    hi exwitless! ive never read a forum post which hits my very own thoughts so exactly as yours did. im still an (active) witness with serious doubts and it will probably end in shunning sometime (if i dont change mind in the next years). i wont say jw's are wrong, because i just dont know it. i DOUBT the WTS is gods channel highly "only" - it doesnt mean im fully sure they arent his channel (like 20:80). i just can go on pretending im a jehovas witness with sparkle in my eyes of happiness about the "slave". thank you for your thoughts! Marcel

Marcel-I wasn't sure my post would even make sense, so I'm glad to see that you and others have similar thoughts on the matter. Regarding your current situation, it's really hard to be allowed to think for yourself when you are still "stuck" in the control of the JWs. Are you "fading"? Do you have a little privacy where you can read a few 'non-JW-approved' books? If so, I HIGHLY recommend Crisis Of Conscience, by Raymond Franz (an ex-governing body member). This book really helped clarify my questions on whether the WTS is god's channel.

• RAF
    RAF

At the end finally I just hope I'll be ok to say goodbye without leaving a bad feeling to those I loved (have the time to say sorry if I've hurted you, If I have any idea about what(*), so at least they will have acknolegde that I do regret if so - for them to feel better about it) everything else is just what makes the everyday life good enough to enjoy my life with or without others. and since there is a time for everything it would just nice to enjoy everything I can not more, not less.

(*)That's why I don't like missunderstanding ... (but it happens). It's terrible because I feel somehow out of the box, and I have to make a real effort to understand other when most of the time others just think I'm weird ... I can live with that but that's probably one reason I need to stay by myself most of the time (being with others ask me a lot of concentration/thinking - automatically I wonder about lots of things and more I wonder, more I'm thinking - sometimes its just too much).

A Web forum is perfect for me : I get in when I want share whatever I can and I get out when I want ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit