My wife says she's never read where JW's are to submit to FDS and GB

by zack 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

She doesn't want to believe it.

That should give you some idea of how and why the religion is imploding. Nobody really knows what current doctrine is.

• marsal
    marsal

zack,

Here are some WT quotes for your wife:

***WT -- Nov. 15, 1981 pg. 26***

"You attitude toward the wheatlike anointed 'brothers' of Christ and the treatment you accord them will be the determining factor as to whether you go into 'everlasting cutting off' or receive 'everlasting life'. "

***WT -- Sept. 1, 1989 pg. 19***

"For survival into the Millenium under the Greater Noah Jesus Christ, they (the great crowd) have to remain organized with the anointed remnant, "the chosen ones" on account of whom the days of the "great tribulation" will be cut short."

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Why would they tell you to submit to a UFO? That's what the FDS is. Only it doesn't fly. (Pun intended).

No doubt, the ark of that "Greater Noah Jesus Christ" will look just like this:

Stock Photography and Stock Footage

The World's Stock Photography - One Web Site ™ 1-800-827-3920 [24 hrs. M-F]

Flying Saucer

SS47012 Photodisc Royalty Free Photograph

Image Options

Email this imageAdd to Lightbox
    View Large ImageImage Zoom

Keywords
    center, color, fantasy, flying saucer, horizontal, interior, mystery, science, silver, spacecraft, transportation, ufo, wonder, blue, image , images , photo , photos , photograph , photographs , picture , pictures , graphic , graphics , royalty free , ss47012

Image PricingPhotodisc license agreement
    Low Resolution
    580 KB / 72 dpi / 7.3" x 5.3" / RGB
    USD $89.99
    Add to Cart
    Medium Resolution
    10.1 MB / 300 dpi / 7.3" x 5.3" / RGB
    USD $229.99
    Add to Cart
    High Resolution
    28.5 MB / 300 dpi / 12.3" x 9" / RGB
    USD $299.99
    Add to Cart
    Large Format Image (1-2 business days)
    Click for more info
    100 MB / 300 dpi / 23.1" x 16.9" / RGB
    USD $399.99
    Add to Cart
    Click for more info
    200 MB / 300 dpi / 32.6" x 23.8" / RGB
    USD $499.99
    Add to Cart
    Click for more info
    300 MB / 300 dpi / 40" x 29.2" / RGB
    USD $599.99
    Add to Cart
    Additional Image Specifications
    (File sizes shown are uncompressed. All downloadable images and photographs are compressed for internet delivery. Click for more info )
    This image / clip is also available on this disc:

View All Images on Disc
    Signature Series 47: Time & Technology by Photodisc 99 Images (Royalty Free)

Look for other discs in:
    Business , Design Elements , Symbols , Technology

Time and Technology 2 includes images of virtual hands on a keyboard and wired brains to convey the fusion of technology and humanity. Images of clocks and watches remind us of real time.

Ship and Download USD $524.00 </form>
    Download Only USD $499.00 </form>

If you need images today but want a better value -
    When you purchase this disc from Fotosearch, you can download any or all images, of any resolution, while the disc is in transit to you and for 90 days.

Fotosearch Stock Photography and Stock Footage
    Royalty Free Images

Publitek, Inc. dba Fotosearch
    21155 Watertown Road
    Waukesha, WI 53186-1898 USA

1-800-827-3920
    +1 262-717-0740
    Fax 262-717-0745
    Find the Perfect Photo Fast!™
    </form>

Click here to add Fotosearch to your favorites

Publitek
    Inc.
    20 Years

Stock Photography & Royalty Free Stock Photos licensed by Publitek, Inc. - Find the Perfect Photo Fast!™
    The best online search engine for stock photography, photos, digital illustrations, picture clip art and royalty-free photograph images. Buy photographs and get immediate image file downloads, or get fast, cheap delivery on CD-ROM or DVD. Fotosearch also delivers digital artwork, vector illustrations, clipart maps, clip art, stock footage, video animation clips, and stock audio music.
    Fotosearch and Photosearch are trademarks of Fotosearch, LLC
    All rights reserved. © 2/17/2007 [de] | About Us
    CD STORE | BUNDLES | FREEBIES | LICENSING | NEW DISCS | FREE CATALOG | HOME MY ACCOUNT | VIEW CART | LIGHTBOXES | HELP | ESPAÑOL </form>

Advanced Search

ROYALTY FREE RIGHTS MANAGED
    </form>
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Zack,

I think that's a pretty common reaction. My wife said the exact same thing. She also said that 607/1914 isn't important and that the JW theology isn't based on chronology at all. That's because she knows she can't win a debate about the date Jerusalem was destroyed. I also got the, "your too smart for your own good" and "you think too deeply" remarks. She actually said we should just have faith, but when I said we critize others for saying that very same thing, she just gave up.

I think what you're experiencing is the cult programming. Its pretty scary to see an otherwise bright intelligent person go into JW mode.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Check out Greg Stafford's "Three Dissertations..." book. It has a great section (First Dissertation) which questions the authority structure of the WTS, written in a pretty balanced manner. Of course Greg is a JW apologist when it comes to most JW doctrines, but he really nails it on this one.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Daily Text - Monday December 18, 2006:

Similarly, we will be blessed if we recognize and obey the prophet greater than Moses, Jesus, as well as "the faithful and discreet slave" appointed by him

WT 8/01/04 page 10 paragraph 12

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if she has ever told an elder that there is nothing that says she has to submit to the FDS and/or GB?

*** w05 9/15 p. 23 par. 11 Go On Walking as Jesus Christ Walked ***

Yes, Jesus Christ leads his followers today through the holy spirit, "the faithful and discreet slave," and the congregation elders. Our walking as Christ walked involves understanding his way of leading and submitting to it

*** w98 9/1 p. 15 par. 7 Stay Close to the Theocracy ***

These make up the composite "faithful and discreet slave." Christians show their submission to Jesus, and therefore to Jesus’ head, Jehovah, by accepting the oversight of that "slave." (Matthew 24:45-47; 25:40)

*** w90 4/15 p. 21 Prepare for Deliverance Into a New World ***

As a result, they respect theocratic authority and submit themselves to it, whether it is exercised by parents or by "the faithful and discreet slave." (Matthew 24:45-47) Is that true of us individually?

*** w90 11/15 p. 20 par. 21 True Love Is Rewarding ***

If we love Jehovah, we will humble ourselves under his mighty hand. (1 Peter 5:6) Love for him will also move us to submit to his chosen instrument, "the faithful and discreet slave." This includes being submissive to those taking the lead in the congregation. This is rewarding because failure to do so would be "damaging" to us.

*** w67 10/1 p. 590 par. 19 Finding Freedom with Jehovah’s Visible Organization ***

Those who recognize Jehovah’s visible theocratic organization, therefore, must recognize and accept this appointment of the "faithful and discreet slave" and be submissive to it.

• yesidid
    yesidid

w576/15p.370par.7OverseersofJehovah’sPeople***

The "slave" then became responsible not only for ministering to the needs of the anointed body members but also for taking on the responsibility of preaching the good news of the established Kingdom to people of all nations. (Matt. 24:14) Such is true not by their determination of it, but because God himself has so directed. "God has set the members in the body, each one of them, just as he pleased," is the way it is pictured in 1 Corinthians 12:18 (NW).It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.

y

• zack
    zack

Thanks all..... I knew I could count on you!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

ANyone who ever pioneered or built KH recalls the loyalty oath on the application that specifically requires adherence to the organization directed by the FDS and to the truth from the Bible, as explained and taught by JWs. Does anyone have an app around that could supply complete and accurate wording?

Catfish

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit