Eldership Apprentice Program

by Verona 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Verona
    Verona

Our visiting CO mentioned that this is a new arrangement that the Society is implementing shortly. It was apparently brought out at the last Elders school. Does anyone know what this consists of?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Verona,

Without details it is hard to say exactly what they intend. If it is a program to train Ministerial Servants toward serving as Elders, then this is simply a new name for what has been an on-again, off-again type of program. Likewise, if it is something related to training less experienced Elders by more experienced Elders, then once again, it is another name for an ongoing program of continued training for Elders.

Nothing the Watchtower does exictes me anymore ... about the only interesting thing would be for them to sell off all their assets, give the money to the poor, and victims of child abuse, and close shop forever.

Jim Whitney

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Well a lot of individuals were put in as Elders who did not know much of anything, no less counseling others on how to live etc. So, maybe they need a 'Trainee' program for such ones so as not to get the Organization in trouble in the future.

Since they are big on wearing 'badges' at the assemblies, I would suggest they also make some badges that say 'Elder Trainee' so that people will use caution when asking life important questions to them.

Outaservice

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    I would suggest they also make some badges that say 'Elder Trainee' so that people will use caution when asking life important questions to them.

A dunce hat would be more appropriate!!

• aniron
    aniron

I thought all the training an Elder needed was to nod their head and say yes to everything the Watchtower told them.

• JamieL
    JamieL

Apprentice?

This sounds very star wars. Which would make sense, as the elders train the crones to be their apprentices, and they must call the elders master. (Is this another way for elders to be alone with boys??? Although, in the org molestation seems to occur more towards females....who knew JWs are straight and Catholics are gay....)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit