Differnt ways of serving God

by JH 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

The JW's think that they are the only ones serving God.

Lets prove them wrong, and show how many other ways there are of serving God that they DON'T do.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

By going to church every easter sunday? I knew someone who did that, and that was it lol

• JH
    JH

Malachi 3:18

18 And YOU people will again certainly see [the distinction] between a righteous one and a wicked one, between one serving God and one who has not served him.”

The JW way or serving God is to preach and go to the meetings.

How about helping the poor, helping the sick, encourging those who are depressed?

How about sharing with those who have very little?

What good is it to preach to a poor person with an empty stomach?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

1 Chron 28:9b for all hearts Jehovah is searching, and every inclination of the thoughts he is discerning. If you search for him, he will let himself be found by you; but if you leave him, he will cast you off forever

Phil 2:12b keep working out YOUR own salvation with fear and trembling;

John 13:34,35 I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU , that YOU also love one another. 35 By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

Mark 12:29-34 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength. 31 The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him: “Teacher, you well said in line with truth, ‘He is One, and there is no other than He’; 33 and this loving him with one’s whole heart and with one’s whole understanding and with one’s whole strength and this loving one’s neighbor as oneself is worth far more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34 At this Jesus, discerning he had answered intelligently, said to him: “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

There are so many scriptures to show we are not the judge and others are searching for God, it simply isn't our job or duty as a Christian to say who is and who isnt serving God, God and Christ will decide but I do believe there are plenty of good hearted people doing all they can to do what is right and it goes well beyond the witnesses.

abr

• Rooster
    Rooster

Rbi8James1:26-27***

If any man seems to himself to be a formal worshiper and yet does not bridle his tongue, but goes on deceiving his own heart, this man’s form of worship is futile. 27 The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.
  • Wafe
    Wafe

Thank you rooster, you just mentioned one of the reasons in which I left. Helping the poor in the Bible is a required commandment from God but I have never seen a Witness do this. (tell me how many of you who were witnesses ever remember an elder getting up on the podium and saying "Brother's, it is time for our poverty assistance meeting...")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit