I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

by spidey9322 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• spidey9322
    spidey9322

I thank you all for your replies. Funny thing is that after one marriage that did not work out because of my challenges with my past, I have met a person who understands exactly what I went through, and with her support (after years of denial) things are getting much better. Have many benfited from the purging of their past from this site?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I have benefited in many ways....but, there are times it just brings up so many issues that it can really affect your mood. Untill I came here, I never really knew what the dubs taught.....As my eyes got more open to it al I was amazed at how I could have fallen for it.

I am glad you have someone that helps you. I found one too. My husband was never a JW, but, now he pretty much feels like he is an ex-j-dub! (He knows all the lingo..lol)

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome

j

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum, no need to be burdened with fear, the JWs obviously do not speak from god as they claim so there is no need to take what they are saying seriously.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

Hi spidey and welcome. I know that purging my past here has helped me tremendously, as well as reading others' stories and realizing that I am not alone in my experiences. I second meg, in that the more you learn about the organization, the less control they will have over you. Even years after you leave, there can be lots of residual fears and beliefs that still plague you. Once you shine some light into the darkness, the goblins aren't as scary.

On another note, if all I had to do to get out of field service was not find a partner, I would've hid out in the bathroom every Saturday until everyone left!

All the best,

EM

• spidey9322
    spidey9322

lol EM!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Welcome, Spidey. Hope you are able to benefit from the board; your experiences may help others to get out of that terrible organization. Keep sharing. So sorry for all of your trouble. I too was born & raised a Witless with nutty parents. Glad you got out and you're taking care of yourself. What's a PHS?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

how many dreams of terror have I had that I was going to die at Armaggedon because I was not a part of the JW organization?

I also had terrible dreams of dying at armageddon, and terrible frightening dreams about demons, even after I quit being a JW and even after I felt deep inside myself that I didn't believe a word of it. Hard to undo all that early abuse and training, but it can be done. Keep reminding yourself what a wicked evil horrible organization it is, and how it systematically teaches people it is OK not to love or care for others.

something that helped me in my post-JW relationships is a little book called "The Struggle for Intimacy." It is about adult children of alcoholics, but nearly everything the author says applies to adult escapees from the WTBTS and how difficult it is for them to form mature healthy relationships. The author's name is Woititz, I think.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome spidey,

This board has been the best thing to happen to me as far as attempting to get rid of the hatred I have deep inside about this cult and things that were done to me as a child. I too was born and raised a Jdub - not an easy childhood by any means!!!

Hang in there, lots of good people here that share your feelings, fears, etc..

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Welcome Spidey!
    You poor thing! Nobody should have to endure abuse like that, especially from someone supposedly showing Christian qualities.
    Anyway,how wonderful that you've found someone special who understands you! I hope you continue finding the happiness you deserve.
    Love,
    DNC xxxxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit