Bumping into J Dubs

by beautifulisfree 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If you see any JW's, just put on a big smile, walk right up to them. (preferably if others are around) and ask them, "Hey, how are things in the Spiritual paradise?"

Outaservice

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I think of cockroaches, scuttling away at the sight of a bright light. HB

The light of Jesus is one thing the Jdubs can't fight so off they scurry with all their might.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

We have never seen a JW up close since we left, forget what they look like.

• blondie
    blondie

I find that there are many factors involved.

1) Are you inactive, df'd or da'd?

2) Were they skittish and/or rude to you when you were a JW? Is there past family baggage that would be there even if you neither of you were JWs?

3) They are more likely to ignore you if their status is low in the congregation...it is one way of their raising their own status in their own minds.

4) How friendly are you to them? I find I greet them as nicely as possible remembering that I was in the same deceived place for some years. Kill them with kindness if you can.

5) I also know that some people are embarrassed that they have not called you to see how you are...(for those who are "inactive). When I break the ice, they tend to warm up and relax.

6) Remember that if you ever going to have an opening to reach their reasoning abilities and/or heart, you must make yourself available and approachable.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit