The Unforgivable Sin

by lfcviking 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I was browsing a section of the Watchtower CD ROM 2003 on a section to do with 'Repentance' and this is what it said:

Beyond

repentance. Those ‘practicing sin willfully’ after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth have gone beyond the point of repentance, for they have rejected the very purpose for which God’s Son died and so have joined the ranks of those who sentenced him to death, in effect, ‘impaling the Son of God afresh for themselves and exposing him to public shame.’ (Heb 6:4-8; 10:26-29) This, then, is unforgivable sin. (Mr 3:28, 29)

So this means then that anybody who leaves the"Truth' and conducts him/herself in sin i.e for example he/she meets someone and begins a courtship and starts a sexual relationship with them (outside of the bonds of marriage), according to this extract out of the 'Insight to the Scriptures' they are 'practicing sin willfully' and hence have 'gone beyond repentance'. This extract also goes on to say that that person has 'joined the ranks of those who put him to death' i.e he is just as bad as the Scribes & Pharisees & the other Jews who demanded Jesus to be crucified! This then is the Watchtower's definition of 'Unforgivable Sin'.

This is in stark contrast to what the Bible actually says at Matthew 12:31 & 32;

'Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven him'

So we see here the Bible's definition of the unforgivable sin is completely different to the Watchtower's. The Bible makes the point of simply indicating that if one blasphemes against the Holy Spirit it will be unforgivable.

Does anybody agree with me that the Watchtower has twisted this scripture into meaning something totally different?

LFCV

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Dont they say blaspheming against the spirit includes refusing to accept its direction and knowingly and willfully practicing sin? What say any ex elders?

• Zico
    Zico

'Does anybody agree with me that the Watchtower has twisted this scripture into meaning something totally different?'

Yes, as they do with most scriptures.

• Warlock
    Warlock

It really doesn't matter if you are one of the "great crowd", because Jesus is the Mediator for the "anointed" only.

At least that's what I read.

Warlock

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

lfcviking:

Good work! Yes, the Watchtower will put its own "spin" on any scripture that suits them.

Keep em coming!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• anewme
    anewme

Who is "beyond repentance"?
    How can they say someone is beyond repentance?

Jesus himself said that remaining single required a special gift.

The WTS does nothing for their single people to help them find a mate.
    Millions are frustrated and lonely out of their brains.

To equate sinning with a man or woman with renouncing Jesus as Messiah and impaling him is ridiculous.
    Even Jesus would think so I believe.

People lose their way is all, and they can be restored.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Does anybody agree with me that the Watchtower has twisted this scripture into meaning something totally different?

I think we all have to agree that the watchliar sociopath society twists everything and anything it wants.

• new boy
    new boy

There is only ONE unforgivable SIN!....That is the sin, that not even God can not forgive and that is to be

...............................................................BORING..................................................................

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    To equate sinning with a man or woman with renouncing Jesus as Messiah and impaling him is ridiculous.

Good point anewme.

I think this is yet another fear tactic that the Watchtower uses to keep you from leaving the Org. By stating that if you leave the Org and follow a natural course of life by maybe meeting someone and having a relationship in the said manner this will be resulting in the Unforgivable Sin and from that point onwards you are DOOMED.

Despicable.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Well - I think they're kinda getting it - but from the wrong end of the stick

Those ‘practicing sin willfully’ after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth

It's a state or way in being - to know the truth but refuse it and deny it - something the jws frequently practice to remain jws

It's a spiritual thing - the spirit of the confused jw (or whoever else) controls the denial - being "head of the house" - and "a word" (not Jesus) that denies grace and truth (whoever speaks 'a word' against the Holy Spirit)

men can be forgiven, and "the sons of men" - but your spirit, well..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit